Chef Claire Thomas Of The Kitchy Kitchen Shares Her Cream Of Pumpkin Soup
Chef Claire Thomas' Cream of Pumpkin Soup. (Photo: Rebecca Simms)
While you're out searching for the perfect Halloween pumpkins for carving with the family, pick up an extra one for Chef Claire Thomas' (of The Kitchy Kitchen) Cream of Pumpkin Soup, which pairs well with 2015 Field Theory
Cream of Pumpkin Soup:
• 3 1/2 lbs peeled and diced pumpkin (or kabocha squash)
• 1 quart whole milk
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 thin slices onion
• 3 sprigs of parsley
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1 cup heavy cream
1. Fill a pot with 1 1/2 quarts of salted water, add the pumpkin, and cook until tender.
2. Pour everything into another pot through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the pumpkin through to make a very fine puree.
3. Add the milk, bay leaf, onion, and parsley, and bring to a simmer, cooking for 30 minutes.
4. Pull out the aromatics, and add the nutmeg and chicken stock. Continue simmering for another 30 minutes, careful not to boil, and taste. Season with more salt or pepper if needed.
5. Just before serving, stir in the heavy cream.
For more recipes, visit www.thekitchykitchen.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.