We can't think of a better way to say goodbye to summer than with a beach clambake that brings together your friends and family. This delicious East Coast Clambake recipe was created by Mary McAuley, founder of Ripe Life Wines.
East Coast Clambake:
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
• 1 1/2 lbs. Kielbasa
• 3 cups chopped
Spanish onions (2 count)
• 2 cups chopped leeks
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 1/2 lbs. small potatoes (red or white)
• 2 TB Clambake seasoning (or Old
• Bay Seasoning)
• 1 bunch of fresh herbs (cilantro or parsley)
• 1 lemon
• 2 dozen steamer clams, scrubbed
• 2 lbs. mussels, cleaned and debearded
• 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp or scallops
• 3 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters
• 2 cups of white wine
• Salt & pepper
1. Slice the kielbasa diagonally into 1" slices. Set aside.
2. In a 16-20qt. stockpot sautée onions and leeks in olive oil over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the onions start to brown.
3. Layer ingredients on top of the base in order: potatoes, salt and pepper, kielbasa, steamer clams, mussels, shrimp, and lobsters.
4. Pour in white wine and cover pot tightly. Cook over medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes.
6. Once potatoes are fork-tender and clams and mussels open, cooking is complete.
7. Remove the lobsters onto a wooden board. Split them down the back and crack the
claws for service.
8. Spread the seafood, potatoes, and sausage out on a large, flat surface covered in
9. Sprinkle the top with fresh, chopped herbs and lemon zest.
10. Serve with ramekins of melted butter and the liquid base at the bottom of the pot.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.