If you're aiming for the perfect celebration on Mother's Day breakfast in bed is definitely an ideal start. Whether mom likes to begin the day with something that's decadent or sticks to savory dishes, DIY guru and culinary superstar Martha Stewart
has you covered with these two impressive options.
Chocolate-Hazelnut and Banana Crepe. (Courtesy Photo)
"Whether Mom prefers a leisurely breakfast in bed or a family brunch around the table, you'll delight her with these homemade sweet and savory breakfast dishes," noted Stewart.
Sesame Toasts with Poached Eggs and Avocado:
• 1 avocado
• 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
• 3 slices sesame bread, lightly toasted
• 1 cup lightly packed watercress sprigs
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 3 large eggs
1. Halve avocado, remove pit, and scoop flesh into a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash and stir with a fork until combined and mostly smooth, with some small chunks remaining. Divide avocado mixture among toast slices, spreading evenly. Top avocado with watercress, and drizzle with oil.
2. Bring 1 1/2 inches of water to a simmer in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in vinegar. Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. Holding bowl just above surface of water, gently pour egg into skillet. Repeat with remaining 2 eggs. Poach eggs, undisturbed, just until whites are firm and yolks are still runny, about 4 minutes (for firmer yolks, poach 1 to 2 minutes more).
3. Carefully remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon, allowing excess water to drain off. Place 1 egg on each watercress-topped toast slice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Chocolate-Hazelnut and Banana Crepe:
• 1 Simple Crepes
• 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
• 1/2 banana, thinly sliced
1. After flipping a crepe in the skillet, top with chocolate-hazelnut spread and banana. Cook until spread melts, about 1 minute. Fold into quarters.
For more recipes from Martha Stewart, visit www.marthastewart.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.