On Monday, October 19th, Chef Andrew Carmellini was pitted against four-time MLB
All-Star and New York Mets
alum Jose Reyes during a dog-eat-dog competition, where Chef Carmellini debuted his special MLB inspired hot dog, in celebration of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts being named the official hotel of Major League Baseball. While Reyes' classic recipe hit a home run with the crowd, Chef Carmellini's gourmet version of the classic ballpark meal was also a fan favorite.
With the Fall Classic finally here, chances are baseball fans will be glued to their televisions, waiting for either the New York Mets
or Kansas City Royals to be named the 2015 World Series
champions. If you plan on watching all the games at home, why not recreate Chef Carmellini's Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard?
Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard:
Chef Carmellini's Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard. (Courtesy Photo)
• 4 Cheddar Brats
• Bavarian sweet mustard
• 4 Martin's Long Roll Potato Rolls
• Celery leaves for garnish
1. Place cheddar dogs on the grill and heat. (Note: They will taste best if you get a little char on the outside.)
2. Grill or toast the buns.
3. Place a cheddar dog inside, put a good smear of mustard, top with beerkraut and garnish the top with celery leaves.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup smoked bacon, chopped
• 1 small sweet onion, chopped
• 2 cups sauerkraut, drained and rinsed once
• 1 cup Greenport IPA
• a pinch ground caraway
• a pinch celery seed
• a pinch course-ground pepper
• 1/2 cup diced Gala apple
• 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1. Start the beerkraut by melting the butter in a medium saucepot.
2. Add bacon and onion, and render until brown over medium heat.
3. Add rinsed sauerkraut, beer and spices.
4. Cook for 15 minutes until the beer is reduce by half.
5. Remove from the heat and add diced apple and chives. Stir well.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
New York Title Abstract Services, Inc.
We are a title insurance services company dedicated to promptly delivering fully compliant and accurate reports, and title insurance, for residential and commercial real estate throughout New York State. Headquartered in the Hamptons, our professional team has extensive real estate experience and understands the business from all sides including title insurance, legal, sales, governmental, banking, and lending regulations.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.