National Pinot Noir Day (Tuesday, August 18th) happens to fall towards the end of the Hamptons summer BBQ season. If you're like us and love to break out the grill, impress barbecue guests by creating your own sauce.
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce:
Yields 4 cups
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
• 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir
• 1/4 cup canned chipotle chilies, pureed with their liquids (or more to taste)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons molasses
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or a generous 1 tablespoon granulated salt)
1. Using a deep pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, sauté the onion and garlic cloves in the butter and oil over low heat until partially caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and juice, wine, and remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered. Stir occasionally.
4. Carefully puree the hot mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
5. Simmer 30 minutes longer, or until thickened to your liking.
6. Bottle the sauce or ladle into airtight containers. (Note: Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
New York Title Abstract Services, Inc.
We are a title insurance services company dedicated to promptly delivering fully compliant and accurate reports, and title insurance, for residential and commercial real estate throughout New York State. Headquartered in the Hamptons, our professional team has extensive real estate experience and understands the business from all sides including title insurance, legal, sales, governmental, banking, and lending regulations.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.