This Mother's Day, break out your culinary skills for a beautiful gift that can be enjoyed by the whole family, Perfect Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam Parfaits.
Perfect Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam Parfaits:
Yield: 4 parfaits
Perfect Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam Parfaits. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 cups Plain yogurt (your favorite brand)
• 1 1/2 cups Granola (your favorite brand)
• 1/2 Pint Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam*
1. Gather four dishes or containers for your parfaits.
2. Layer the four ingredients about 1 tablespoon at a time, depending on the size of your container.
3. Finish with fresh strawberries or a sprinkle of granola.
(Entertaining Tip: Using 1/2 pint mason jars not only looks cute, but it's also a mess-free way to package the treat)
*Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Strawberry & Chardonnay Jam:
Yield: About 2 pints
• 2 pounds ripe strawberries, hulled and halved
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 2 tablespoons Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay
1. Place a small plate in the freezer.
2. Add strawberries, sugar and lemon zest to a wide preserving pan.*
3. Crush the mixture (a potato masher works well for this) to a pulp, or leave chunks of strawberries if you prefer.
4. Add the cinnamon stick, and heat the mixture over medium heat until you achieve a slow boil, about 20 minutes. At this point, add the Chardonnay and bring back to a slow boil.
5. Cook until the jam passes the cold-saucer test. Place a small amount of the jam on the plate that you placed in the freezer. After 30 seconds, nudge it with your finger. If it wrinkles, it is ready. If it is liquidy, continue to cook and try again every 5 minutes or so.
6. When jam is ready, remove the cinnamon stick and pour carefully into two pint jars or four half pint jars.
7. Store the jam in the refrigerator, and consume within two months.
*A preserving pan can be any wide, heavy bottomed pot or pan. It's important that it's wide and tall so that the jam has plenty of room to boil.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.