Caliente Cinco de Mayo Dessert: "Chocolate Tacos"
Brooklyn based artisanal ice cream company Steve's Ice Cream created "Chocolate Tacos." (Courtesy Photo)
Finish your Cinco de Mayo meal with this chocolatey treat with a kick. Brooklyn based artisanal ice cream company Steve's Ice Cream created "Chocolate Tacos," which showcases a Mexican Chili Chocolate flavor.
• 1 pint Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
• 2 Waffle Taco Shells
• 2 tbsp of Spicy Chocolate Sauce*
• Whipped Cream and Cacao Nibs to serve
1. Scoop small scoops of Mexican Chili Chocolate into Waffle Taco to fill 3/4 of shell.
2. Drizzle 2 tbsp of Spicy Chocolate Sauce.
3. Top with whipped cream and cacao nibs to taste.
*Spicy Chocolate Sauce Recipe:
• 1 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 1 oz. Butter
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 dash of Cayenne Pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
2. Cook gently until all chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Serve warm or cold.
4. Keeps refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.