Gathering up a group of your girlfriends to celebrate Galentine's Day or spending an intimate Valentine's Day at home? Here's a few signature sip ideas.
Glam Girl: (Created by Cassandra Rosen, Tussock Jumper Wines)
• 3 oz. Tussock Jumper Prosecco
• 1/2 oz. Cointreau
or Orange Liqueur
• 3 oz. Cranberry Juice
• Lime Wedge, squeezed
• Rock Candy Swizzle, for garnish
Chill all ingredients. Pour the orange liqueur and cranberry juice into a chilled martini glass (sugar rim optional). Stir in the lime juice, and pour the Prosecco in last. Garnish with a rock candy swizzle, and serve.
The Belvedere Toddy:
• 1 oz. Belvedere Vodka
• 1.5 oz. Hot Water
• 1 oz. French Fortified Wine
• 0.5 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 0.5 oz. Honey
• 1 Cinnamon Stick, for garnish
• Fresh Grated Nutmeg, for garnish
• Orange Wedge, for garnish
• Cloves, for garnish
Add hot water to heat glass mug, then honey to melt. Add remaining liquid ingredients. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange wedge and top with freshly grated nutmeg. (Optional Hot Toddy Pro-Tip: Pierce orange wedge with 3 cloves)
Sapporo Raspberry Lemonade:
• 1 cup of fresh Raspberries or frozen
• 3 1/2 bottles (12 oz) of Sapporo Premium Light beer, chilled
• 1 container frozen Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate, thawed or Pink Lemonade
• ˝ cup Broken Shed Vodka
• Lime Slices, for garnish
• Fresh Raspberries, for garnish
In a large pitcher stir together the raspberries, Sapporo, lemonade and vodka. Serve in ice filled glasses. Garnish with lime slices or fresh raspberries.
• 2 oz. 1800 Silver tequila
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 3 slices of Granny Smith
Apple, for garnish
• 8 fresh Cranberries, for garnish
In a mixing tin, add apple and cranberries. Muddle until pureed. Add remaining ingredients and ice, and shake hard for 10 seconds. Double strain into a rocks glass with ice, and garnish with apple slices and fresh cranberries.
Brenne Belle Reve:
• 2 oz. Brenne
• 3/4 oz. Cointreau
• 1/2 oz. Grapefruit Juice
• 1 dash Orange Bitters
• Rosemary Sprig, for garnish
Add all ingredients to a shaker, stir over ice. Strain into a rocks glass. Optional: Add one large ice cube and garnish with a single sprig of rosemary.
Ruffino Always Sparkling:
• 1 1/2 parts Ruffino Sparkling Rosé
• 1 part Cognac
• 3/4 parts Lemon Juice
• 3/4 parts Strawberry Puree (sweetened)
• 1 dash Rose Water
• Fresh Strawberries, for garnish
Shake all ingredients together except for the Ruffino Sparkling Rosé. Strain into a lowball glass with ice and top off with sparkling rosé. Garnish with a strawberry.
Cupid's Casa Noble Paloma:
• 2 oz. Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
• 1 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 oz. Grapefruit Juice
• 0.5 oz. Agave Nectar
• Sparkling Water
• Grapefruit Wedge, for garnish
Place Casa Noble, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and agave nectar into shaker with ice. Shake until chilled. Strain into glass over ice (salt or lime-and-chili powder rim optional), top with sparkling water, and swirl. Garnish with grapefruit wedge.
Monkey 47 Gin Pink Lady:
• 1 1/2 oz. Monkey 47 Gin
• 1/2 oz. Apple Brandy
• 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Grenadine
• White of 1 Egg
• Brandied Cherry, for garnish
Omitting the ice, add all ingredients into cocktail shaker, seal your shaker and shake vigorously for 5 seconds. Then add ice and shake again for another 5-7 seconds. Fine strain into a cocktail class and garnish with a brandied cherry.
Fruity Pebble Colada:
• 1 1/2 oz. Beefeater Gin
• 1 1/2 oz. Coconut Puree
• 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 2 Dash Orange Flower Water
• 1 Strawberry
Blend. Fine strain. Splash Club Soda.
Woodford Reserve DioNYCus: (Created by Leanne Kubiez, Cincinnati)
• 3 parts Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
• .5 parts Byrrh
• .5 parts Antica Formula
• .25 parts Punch Abruzzo
• .25 parts Angostura bitters
• .5 parts water
• 4-5 dashes Fee Brother's Plum Bitters
All ingredients should be combined, decanted, and served at room temperature like a dessert wine or an amaro. Serve in a sherry/cordial glass with two pieces of dark chocolate.
• 1.5 oz Don Papa
• 1.0 oz Lillet Rosé
• 0.5 oz Rosepetal-infused Aperol
• 0.5 oz Blood Orange Cordial
• Blood Orange Slice, for garnish
• Fresh Rose Petals, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a Bordeaux glass with ice and stir lightly until chilled. Finish with a splash of dry sparkling wine and garnish with a thin slice of blood orange and fresh rose petals.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com