If you've been hosting (or been lucky enough to attend) a summer BBQ weekend after weekend, chances are you're looking for a new signature cocktail. In honor of National Daiquiri Day on Sunday, July 19th, here are three recipes to add to your repertoire.
Bully Boy Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Brugal Extra Dry Daiquiri:
• 2 oz. Brugal Extra Dry Rum
• 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice (approximately one lime)
• 3/4 oz. Simple Syrup (equal parts sugar/water)
• Strawberries, Blueberries, Jalapenos, Ginger or Basil*
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a rocks glass with a scoop of ice. Garnish with a lime wheel. (Note: Personalize the cocktail by adding muddled ingredients (strawberries, blueberries, jalapenos, ginger or basil) of choice to shaker)
2. Bully Boy Daiquiri: (Created by Jim Garrels of Pi Pizzeria in Nantucket)
• 2 1/2 oz. Bully Boy White Rum
• Splash Luxardo Marachino Liquer
• Splash Cherry Heering
• 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
• Splash of Grapefruit Juice
• 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
Shake all ingredients with ice, and serve straight up.
Brugal Extra Dry Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
3. Cali Strawberry Daiquiri:
• 2 oz. Caliche Rum
• 1 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• 3/4 oz. Agave Nectar
• 1 fresh Strawberry
In a shaker, combine all ingredients, then lightly muddle the strawberry. Shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain into an ice filled rocks glass and garnish with strawberry.