Nothing says football food like a good batch of chicken wings. While you can't go wrong with a traditional chicken wing, Chef Michael Symon
shares an alternative that's definitely worth checking out while watching the remaining teams battle it for a chance to go to Super Bowl
Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ Sauce:
• 1/4 cup Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
• 2 tablespoons Sambal
• 6 tablespoons Soy Sauce
• 2 tablespoons Honey
• 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
• 4 teaspoons Fresh Ginger
• 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
2. Set aside.
Grilled Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ-Style Wings:
(Recipe Serves 6)
• 2 lbs. of Chicken Wings
• freshly Ground Black Pepper
• 1⁄4 cup Thinly Sliced Scallions
• 1⁄2 bunch of Cilantro
• Olive Oil
• Kosher Salt
1. Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized bag and pour in half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce.
2. Reserve the other half of the Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce for later use.
3. Make sure all of the wings are coated, then refrigerate for up to 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat your grill to medium heat.
5. Remove the wings from the marinade and pat them dry. Discard the marinade.
6. Lightly season the wings with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Drizzle the wings with a little bit of olive oil then place them on the grill.
8. Cook until nicely grill marked and cooked though, about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Throughout the last 10 minutes of the cooking process, brush the wings with the reserved Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce.
10. Remove the wings from the grill and pour them on to a platter.
11. Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and chopped
12. Serve any remaining Korean and Knob Creek Rye Whiskey BBQ sauce on the side.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com