With National Spaghetti Day (Sunday, January 4th) right around the corner, Chef CJ Bivona has shared with Hamptons.com the recipe for Nonna's Fried Pasta, a dish that has sentimental value for the Executive Chef at Upper East Side Italian favorite Petaluma.
"My fried pasta dish is very near and dear to me," expressed Bivonna. "It's a dish that my grandmother would make for me during the time I spent with her while she was watching me as a young child."
Nonna's Fried Pasta:
• 3 32 oz. San Marzano Tomatoes
• 3 onions
• 1 carrots
• 8 garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1/2 oz. of basil
• pinch of crushed red pepper
• salt (to taste)
• pepper (to taste)
• sugar (to taste)
1. Sweat out onions and carrots together; add celery 10 to 12 minutes after.
2. Cook until celery is translucent, reduce heat.
3. Add garlic; cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and the sachet of basil, cook for 2 to 4 hours until liquid is almost gone.
5. Season with salt, sugar, and black pepper.
6. Reserve basil and chiffonade, fold into cooled marinara.
• Ground beef
• Ground veal
• 2 slices of Layflat Bacon
• 1/4 cup of parsley
• 1/4 cup of sage
• 1/4 cup of basil
• 1/4 small diced onion
• 1 cup of panko
• 1 whole egg
• 1/4 cup of garlic
• 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan
1. Chop all herbs sand garlic.
2. Lightly beat eggs.
3. Mix all ingredients by hand.
4. Roll to 5 to 6 oz. each.
5. Sear in a sauté pan until golden brown.
6. Transfer to a vat of hot marinara sauce.
7. Cook in sauce for at least 2 hours, the longer the better.
• fresh rolled spaghetti (or any spaghetti found in the local grocery
• olive oil
1. Boil the pasta in water for 8 minutes (one minute less than the box states).
2. Drain water and place in small plastic container.
3. Place the pasta in the fridge until it sticks together.
4. Fry with a little olive oil on high.
5. Take the pasta cake out of the container onto the frying pan.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Sear it in the hot oil until its golden brown.
8. Top with hot meatball and sauce, cover with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.