On Monday, October 19th, Chef Andrew Carmellini was pitted against four-time MLB
All-Star and New York Mets
alum Jose Reyes during a dog-eat-dog competition, where Chef Carmellini debuted his special MLB inspired hot dog, in celebration of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts being named the official hotel of Major League Baseball. While Reyes' classic recipe hit a home run with the crowd, Chef Carmellini's gourmet version of the classic ballpark meal was also a fan favorite.
With the Fall Classic finally here, chances are baseball fans will be glued to their televisions, waiting for either the New York Mets
or Kansas City Royals to be named the 2015 World Series
champions. If you plan on watching all the games at home, why not recreate Chef Carmellini's Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard?
Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard:
Chef Carmellini's Cheese Dog with Beerkraut, Apple and Spicy Mustard. (Courtesy Photo)
• 4 Cheddar Brats
• Bavarian sweet mustard
• 4 Martin's Long Roll Potato Rolls
• Celery leaves for garnish
1. Place cheddar dogs on the grill and heat. (Note: They will taste best if you get a little char on the outside.)
2. Grill or toast the buns.
3. Place a cheddar dog inside, put a good smear of mustard, top with beerkraut and garnish the top with celery leaves.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup smoked bacon, chopped
• 1 small sweet onion, chopped
• 2 cups sauerkraut, drained and rinsed once
• 1 cup Greenport IPA
• a pinch ground caraway
• a pinch celery seed
• a pinch course-ground pepper
• 1/2 cup diced Gala apple
• 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
1. Start the beerkraut by melting the butter in a medium saucepot.
2. Add bacon and onion, and render until brown over medium heat.
3. Add rinsed sauerkraut, beer and spices.
4. Cook for 15 minutes until the beer is reduce by half.
5. Remove from the heat and add diced apple and chives. Stir well.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.