The "official" Hamptons season may be over, but the East End social scene is showing no signs of slowing down. Several local organizations are hosting post Labor Day bashes, so get ready to party hop for a good cause this weekend.
1. The Sag Harbor Whaling & Historical Museum (200 Main Street, Sag Harbor) is hosting A Whale of a Picnic, their HarborFest kickoff party. On Friday, September 11th from 6 to 9 p.m., meet at the Museum for a family friendly happening celebrating the annual Sag Harbor event. The picnic will include a silent auction featuring works by world renowned marine biologist, Richard Ellis, dinner by Cromer's, sips from Cisco Brewery, wine from Wölffer, and music from DJ Carlos Lama. Tickets are $50 for adults, $25 for teenagers (13 to 18), and $15 for kids (12 and under). For more information, call 631-725-0770 or visit www.sagharborwhalingmuseum.org
Attendees wait to bit at the Box Art Auction benefiting East End Hospice. (Courtesy Photo)
2. The Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation
(SASF) is holding their 6th annual SASF Benefit at the Boardy Barn
(270 West Montauk Highway, Hampton Bays) on Saturday, September 12th, from 6 to 10 p.m. The evening will feature music by the Second Shift, a silent auction, Chinese auction, 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and a lavish buffet with food from local restaurants and shops. Tickets are $35 in advance, and $40 at the door. For more information, call 631-728-7387 or visit www.southamptonanimalshelter.com
Jodi Cameron, Dan Dan, Michael Tkel, and Elmo at SASF's 6th Annual Unconditional Love Gala. (Photo: Owen Hoffmann/PatrickMcMullan.com)
3. Southampton Historical Museum is throwing a Late Summer Cocktail Party in honor of the 375th anniversary of Southampton. On Saturday, September 12th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., guests will enjoy hors d'oeuvres from Schmidt's Market and an open bar at the Rogers Mansion
(17 Meeting House Lane, Southampton). Tickets are $60 for members and $75 for non-members. For more information, call 631-283-2494 or visit www.southamptonhistoricalmuseum.org
4. The 15th annual Box Art Auction benefiting East End Hospice is taking place at the Ross School Lower Campus Field House (739 Butter Lane, Bridgehampton) on Saturday, September 12th from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The auction will showcase more than 80 East End artists, who created astounding art boxes that will be auctioned off in support of East End Hospice. Admission is $75, which includes wine and hors d'oeuvres. For more information, call 631-288-7080 or visit www.eeh.org
Join East Hampton Historical Farm Museum for one last summer Garden Party. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
5. East Hampton Historical Farm Museum is holding a Garden Party on Saturday, September 12th from 4 to 6 p.m. Hosted at the historic home of Jacques Peltier (7 Fithian Lane, East Hampton), the soiree will feature wine and cheese, music, a silent auction and raffle prizes. Peltier's house was originally located on Main Street and is an exact copy of the original Dominy home, which was torn down in 1945. Tickets are $30 per person or $50 per couple. For more information, call 631-329-5720 or visit www.facebook.com
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.