- Long Island comedian Paul Anthony
announced the arrival of the much anticipated Fifth Annual Long Island Comedy Festival. "We're looking forward to our fifth summer of bringing "live" stand-up comedy to audiences all across Long Island. We're giving Long Islanders an affordable entertainment alternative" said Anthony, host and Executive Producer. He added, "Our comedy showcases feature the best comic talent from Long Island and the New York city
comedy scene. We'll be featuring over 50 comedians throughout the summer at some of the best venues across Long Island. That's a lot of laughs. This summer includes international comedians from Ireland, Australia and the UK - we're out to prove that laughter is universal."
• Saturday, August 21, 8 p.m. - Martha Clara Vineyards
• Friday, August 27, 8 p.m. - Theatre Three, Port Jefferson
• Saturday, August 28, 7:30 p.m. - Theatre Three, Port Jefferson
• Saturday, August 28, 9:30 p.m. - Theatre Three, Port Jefferson
The mission of the Long Island Comedy Festival is three-fold:
1. Bring 'live' stand-up comedy back to Long Island.
2. Allow up and coming comics the opportunity to showcase their talents to Long Island audiences.
3. Support the not-for-profit theaters of Long Island and downtowns in which they are located.
Tickets start at just $25. For more information go to www.LIComedy.com
The Long Island Comedy Festival is the largest comedy festival ever presented on Long Island. The Comedy Festival is in its fifth year and will be travelling across Long Island with comedy showcases at some of the best area venues.
Anthony performs his stand-up comedy regularly in NYC and on Long Island. He is the executive producer and comic host of the annual Long Island Comedy Festival. His mission is to promote the art of "live" stand-up comedy. He is a member of the FRIARS and resides in Massapequa, Long Island with his wife Kathy.