The Summer Solstice means it's time for another spectacular summer of complimentary Monday night outdoor concerts on the Montauk Village Green, co-sponsored by the Montauk Chamber of Commerce
. The Sunday night free Concerts at Gosman's Dockside
Stage in the Harbor will also return, but the series will commence a little later - in July.
Monday night shows on the Montauk Village Green will launch on June 24 and continue through August 26. Performances will take place from 6 to 8 p.m.
"Year after year these concerts draw a sizeable number of visitors and locals, who also buy picnic and dinner fare in our establishments, thus, enriching our businesses, as well as adding a fun vibe to the community," noted Laraine Creegan, executive director of the Chamber.
Concert-goers are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, or something else comfy to sit on, as well as bites and sips to really make the most out of the evening.
"It's just a real Montauk groove, these Concerts on the Green," mused PJ Delia of Joe Delia
and The Thieves. "You really can't beat laying down tunes in the sunset surrounded by families dancing or lazing in the grass. Sure, working in France and Italy and New York City
has been fun the past few weeks, but this is home base for a reason," added Joe Delia, gold and platinum composer/entertainer and longtime series supporter.
The Monday Concert line-up:
Jack James of Joe Delia and Helen McGuire. (Photo: PJ Delia)
• Monday, June 24 - Lynn Blue
• Monday, July 1 - The Realm
• Wednesday, July 3 - Open Mic with Ray Red
• Monday, July 8 - Potter-Tekulsky Band
• Monday, July 15 - Ray Red Band
• Monday, July 22 - Black & Sparrow
• Monday, July 29 - The 3 B's
• Wednesday, July 31 - Open Mic with Ray Red
• Monday, August 5 - The Dogwatchers
• Monday, August 12 - Gene Case & The Lone Sharks
• Monday, August 19 - Sarah & The Playful Souls
• Monday, August 26 - Joe Delia and The Thieves
The Sunday night schedule will be released at a later date.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com