- New York State Senator Kenneth P. LaValle
(R- Port Jefferson) announced that the New York State Council on the Arts, (NYSCA) has voted to approve $142,693 in funding for arts and cultural activity to 10 groups in the First Senatorial District.
The groups, many of whom applied for several of the competitive grants, stretch from Port Jefferson's Theater Three Productions to Guild Hall of East Hampton
"New York's cultural organizations are among our State's most important and
treasured education, tourism, and recreation assets," LaValle said.
"NYSCA's grant awards are a critical component supporting the infrastructure that sustains vibrancy, creativity and economic strength in the State's communities."
LaValle said that this year the NYSCA approved 2,104 grant awards for direct funding through competitive applications to 14 program areas. The awards were made to approximately 1,300 arts organizations in cities, towns and villages in every region of the State.
NYSCA Recipients First Senatorial District
• Children's Museum of the East End
, Bridgehampton, $9,100
• East End Arts
Council, Riverhead, $33,000, $5,000, and $5,300
• Friends of the Cultural Center,Inc., Southampton, $15,000
• Guild Hall
of East Hampton, East Hampton, $9,050
• Hamptons International Film Festival
, East Hampton, $8,620
• Hamptons Shakespeare
Festival, Amagansett, $2,473
• Parrish Art Museum
, Southampton, $6,100, $6,500, $24,810
• Stony Brook Foundation, Inc., East Hampton, $ 5,640
• Theatre Three Productions, Inc., Port Jefferson, $ 7,260|
• Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
, Westhampton Beach, $4,840