Martha Stewart shares her holiday tips with Hamptons.com. (Photo: Martha Stewart Living)
Since the 1980s Martha Stewart has been showing haute hostesses in the Hamptons and beyond how to entertain with style and flair. She shares a few exclusive tips on how to make your holiday party special this season with Hamptons.com.
1. Prep Ahead of Time: Good planning is very important! Think about what you can prepare in advance. Try to set the table in the morning so that any unforeseen events don't slow you down.
2. Select a Signature Drink: Select a signature drink for your holiday party. Always use fresh juices and purees for your cocktail. It makes a huge difference! Also pre-make your cocktails earlier in the day so you don't spend the whole party fixing drinks.
3. Tabletop: When setting the table I like to stick to one color. Different patterns are okay, but all in the same tone. There are fantastic solid-colored holiday table settings available in my Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's.
4. Take-home gifts for guests: I like to give homemade gifts. Give gifts to guests as they're leaving, not when they walk in. Put the gifts on a tray near the door and let your guests choose which one they would like to take.
5. Put in extra effort: Good entertaining is all about that extra touch, that extra effort put forth to dazzle guests. Making sure the cloth napkins are folded to precision and the space is nicely decorated. Each year my holiday decorations vary, but I like to still stay traditional. There's great holiday decorating items in my collection at The Home Depot.
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 34 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.