- There are a few very specific things that I love about the Hamptons. The first is the prevalence of white - white sofas and wicker and drapes and tablecloths - it's fresh and crisp and just feels like summer. Second, are the dinner parties at night with tons of candles and giving off just the perfect light to all of the happy sun drenched people.
In honor of my two loves and my commitment to making projects for the home that incorporate creativity and "hip-cycling," I've created these candle holders which are perfect for any summer table in the Hamptons. Using just a few materials and only a little bit of time, you can make tons of these. Honestly though, the best thing about them is that you can toss them in the recycling bin at the end of your summer. I'd say it's a win-win situation for everyone involved.
An array of clean jars
Some ribbon or bias tape (about 12" per jar)
White spray paint
Newspaper for your workspace
• Wrap the yarn around your clean jar and secure with a knot.
• Spread out your newspaper and set your jars on top.
• Lightly coat the jars with the white spray paint and let dry for 10 minutes.
• Lightly coat them again until they are completely painted.
• When dry, remove the yarn.
• Tie the ribbon around the mouths of the jars.
• Fill with tea lights and enjoy your table setting.
Mark Montano is a designer and the author of The Big Ass Book Of Home Décor
is author and designer Mark Montano's next book in his ubiquitous Big Ass series, a follow up to The Big Ass Book of Home Crafts
(currently the #1 craft book in the U.S.). Full of 105 projects, the The Big Ass Book of Home Decór
is chock full of ideas with easy to follow instructions, images and tips (quintessential for today's economy).