- With layoffs, financial worries and uncertain times, it's questions like these that so many people are asking themselves, and now a new book might hold the answers.
The number one inspirational best-seller "The Why Cafe" was re-released February 1 of this year, and authored by John Strelecky
- who has been honored alongside Oprah Winfrey
, Wayne Dyer
, and Deepak Chopra
as one of the hundred most inspirational thought leaders in the field of leadership and personal development - and helps readers dig deep to answer these questions and find their "purpose for existing" or PFE.
Based in a small café in the middle of nowhere
, the main character John - a man in a hurry - is at a crossroads. Intent only on refueling before moving along on his road trip, he finds sustenance of an entirely different kind. In addition to the specials of the day, the café menu lists the three questions above that all diners are encouraged to consider.
But finding your purpose for existing is only the beginning. Other important lessons in "The Why Café" include:
• Stop preparing for when we can do the things we want to do - just do them right now.
• How to not only decide what we want to do in life but take the steps to make it happen.
• How to filter all the junk or unimportant messages that keep us from fulfilling our PFE.
• How to optimize our movements with life's waves to get where we want to be that much sooner.
"The Why Café" was inspired by Strelecky's personal story of working 80-hour weeks for many years and finding himself empty, depressed and as if something were missing. Having enough money saved in the bank, he followed his heart and backpacked around the world for one year, doing things that made him feel truly alive to find his PFE.
Strelecky says people should be looking for ways to fulfill their PFE now more than ever. The limits today, he says, are much less about accessibility - and much more about limitations we impose on ourselves. He says we must be active in choosing our own path or it will be chosen for us.