For actress Kate Bosworth
's 2018 Met Gala
look, celebrity makeup artist Beau Nelson found inspired in Byzantine paintings from the Eastern Roman Empire.
"I would describe this look as monochromatic. The color palette consisted of nude rose, rosy taupes, and soft beige pinks," Nelson reflected.
1. To prep the skin, Beau applied the newly released Gold Recovery Mask
on Kate's face and neck to revitalize and refresh Kate's skin, and applied the
Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Masks ($195) to brighten and rejuvenate her under eyes.
2. To moisturize the skin for long-lasting hydration and a natural radiance, Beau
mixed together Rose de Mai Face Oil with soothing Magnolia, Jasmine, and Lily Healing Emulsion.
1. For a creamy natural base, perfectly matched to Kate's skin tone, Beau combined Future Skin Shades Ivory, a pink tone with milky Alabaster.
2. To set the base and prepare the skin for high-definition cameras, Beau brushed on HD Perfecting Powder, starting at the center of Kate's face.
3. Next, Beau primed Kate's cheeks with universally-flattering pink Cheek Gelée in
Happy, and then brushed Philanthropy Cheek Shade in Laughter, a warm peachy pink blush. This cheek shade is embossed with coral and benefits the Marine Conservatory Biology Institute.
4. Beau highlighted the high points of Kate's face with the L'Arbre Illuminé Palette.
1. For the eyes, Beau dusted Lasting Eye Shade in Coriander onto Kate's Lid.
2. Next, in the crease, Beau applied Mermaid Eye Matte in Elephant, and then Mermaid Eye Matte in Lion on the inner corner of Kate's eyes.
3. For perfectly full, face-framing brows, Beau enhanced and polished Kate's eyebrows with Waterproof Brow Definer in Ash Blonde.
4. To finish the eyes, Beau brushed on Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara to thicken and lengthen Kate's lashes.
1.Beau lined Kate's lips with Lip Definer in Natural, a beigey-pink for long-
2. For a perfect nude-pink lip, he combined Matte Chic in Marisa, a petal pink, with Matte Chic in Suzy, a glamorous blush nude.
3. To finish her glowing look, Beau focused golden highlighter from limited edition Les Paillettes on Kate's cupid bow.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com