Celebrity Makeup Artist Jillian Dempsey Shares How To Achieve Jennifer Aniston’s Golden Globes Look
Aniston presented an award with Carol Burnett. (Courtesy Photo)
When creating Jennifer Aniston's Golden Globes look, celebrity makeup artist Jillian Dempsey and the actress' style team found inspiration in John Singer Sargent's transcendent and timeless quality.
"I call the makeup look 'iconic effortless,' just like Jennifer," Dempsey reflected.
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Jillian started the beauty routine with Chantecaille Gold Energizing Eye Recovery Mask - which is a staple in her kit.
1. For a smooth canvas, Jillian used Chantecaille Future Skin in Cream. To enhance Jennifer's already glowy skin, Jillian applied Radiance Gel Bronzer on her décolletage and upper body.
2. Jillian used the L'Arbre Illuminé Palette for a luminous glow. She applied the pink toned cheek highlighter duo from the palette to build the cheek.
3. Next from the brand's Philanthropy Cheek Shade Collection for Spring 2018 - Jillian used Philanthropy Cheek Color in Smitten - embossed with an Elephant. "I love the subtle iridescence of this shade and dusted it on just the center of the cheek for a little extra highlight. I especially like the DSWT tie-in! My daughter, Talula, is a foster mom to one of DSWT elephant orphans!"
1. Jillian started the eyes by using the Le Chrome Luxe Duo in Gardens of Marrakech. She swept Lantern, a warm, golden brown shade infused with pearl and shimmer all over the eye using The Troy Surratt shadow brush.
2. Next, she used the Le Chrome Luxe Eye Duo in Tibet. She began by applying Lhasa, a burnished gray-brown in the crease of the eye to contour the lids. For a soft, defined lower lash line, she alternated dotting the second shade, Himalaya, a dark silver with Lhasa underneath the lash line and blended. At the brow bone, she used the Surratt Beauty Artistique Eyeshadow in Buttercream to accentuate the area.
3. She generously applied the Jillian Dempsey Khôl Eyeliner in Jet Black to the upper lash line and used it to tight-line and frame the eyes.
4. She finished the eyes by coating them with Faux Cils Longest Lash Mascara. "This mascara is a great way to show off Jennifer's naturally lush lashes." says Jillian.
1. For Jennifer's lips, Jillian lined them with Chantecaille Lip Definer in Nuance. She then applied Chantecaille Lip Stick in Mirage. She dotted Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Moonlight in the center of mouth and cupid's bow.
Before Jennifer walked out the door, Jillian used Chantecaille's New Les Paillettes, an illuminating highlighter for a pop of gold metallic highlight. She completed the look by setting the skin with Chantecaille HD Perfecting Powder in Bronze.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com