"This was one of the unusual moments when Rihanna
wasn't performing at an award show so we wanted to be a little laid back with her look. We wanted it to be super playful, carefree and youthful," shared Yusef, Rihanna's stylist. "Once she picked her dress, we decided to go for long, flowing, big waves--voluminous, just like her ball gown. We decided to color her hair that day, just a bit, to play off the orange of the ball gown."
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Wash hair with Matrix Biolage
R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and follow with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hydrate Mask to make sure hair is moisturized before styling.
2. Apply Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to damp hair. Blow dry using the ghd Air Hairdryer, with the diffuser attachment to maintain natural texture.
3. Once hair is dry, use the ghd CURVE Wave Wand to enhance and perfect waves.
4. Flat iron roots with ghd Gold Professional 1" Styler to the top of the ear to nix flyaways and to create a bit of contrast.
5. Add Matrix Style Link Airy Builder Dry Texturizing Foam throughout for separation and texture.
6. Complete the look with Matrix Style Link Volume Fixer Hairspray for hold with movement.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com