threw it back to the '90s at the Los Angeles premiere of her latest film, Trolls
. Since Halloween is right around the corner, why not pretend hair crimping is all the rage again with this edgy, textured ponytail? Who knows, maybe it will make a comeback like the '90s-inspired choker necklaces we've seen Kendall Jenner
and Gigi Hadid wearing.
"Her dress is soft and sweet so I wanted to rough up her hair to compliment it in an edgier way," explained Kendrick's stylist, Craig Gangi.
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Apply Matrix
Style Link Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream to damp hair. Blow dry straight with a round brush.
2. When completely dry, flat iron all hair straight. Spray each section with Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray before running through with the iron to protect from heat damage.
3. Once hair is straight, create a middle part. Then take small, random sections around the head and crimp from root to end.
4. Pull hair back into a low ponytail. Create different textures within the ponytail by crimping and flat ironing alternating pieces.
5. Crimp a large section and wrap around the elastic. Secure with pins.
6. Tease the ponytail and then spray Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray all over to lock in the look.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com