As per usual, Kate Winslet
's red carpet style was flawless at the Golden Globe
Awards. The "Steve Jobs
" actress, who took home the award for best performance by an actress in a supporting role, matched her elegant cobalt blue gown with a chic, almost faux bob. "Tonight's look was all about showing off the neckline of Kate's beautiful Ralph Lauren
gown," explained Renato Campora, who created the look with Fekkai products. "The silhouette is long and feminine and so we wanted to keep the neck free and create a soft and feminine updo with an asymmetrical twist."
How To Achieve The Look:
Winslet shows off her award. (Photo: David Crotty/PMC)
1. On wet hair, apply the Fekkai Blowout Sealing Serum to ends to keep manageability and sleekness for styling.
2. Apply Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lightweight Styling Whip all over the hair to create a great foundation to maintain volume throughout the night.
3. Blow out hair with a round brush to boost shine and volume, smoothing the hair in preparation for hot tools.
4. Then use a 1-inch curling iron all over, making sure to keep curls loose and chic, not too severe and "done."
4. Let the curls set for ten minutes, and then brush them out spritzing a bit of Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo throughout for added texture.
5. Braid the tail of the hair as an aid to keep hair together to roll under at the nape of the neck.
6. Pin hair to the side into a bun, using three long bobby pins to hold in place.
7. To finish, spray Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray all over to maintain the look for the night ahead.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com