Fashion Week is all about the fabulous clothes on the runway, but what makes these clothes really work - and makes them personal is how they are accessorized! The most important element to a flawless ensemble is the bold necklace, the earrings - the all important handbag. This season Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week was pleased to present an exclusive preview to all the hot new trends in accessories for Spring/Summer 2010. Featured designers in the 'Accessories Exhibit' taking centerstage under the tents this week include accessory veterans and some fresh new faces such as:
- Blending Ambrosi and Abrianna's individual tastes and creativity, their first handbag collection presents quality products built from a range of truly distinctive designs and materials, including crocodile, python and ostrich leathers that are collected from around the world and sent to Paris and Milan for handmade construction.
W Hotels The Store
- Inspired by the design of five new international watches, these new W boutiques present a unique collection which exemplifies the fashionable spirit of the W Hotel franchise around the world. It features exclusive items from such acclaimed designers as Rachel Leigh, Lauren Merkin, Alex and Ani, and Foley & Corrina.
Lisa Kornman Luxe
- Lisa Kornman's collection began in 2000, crafting handbags from the finest Italian vegetable tanned leathers, exotic skins and unique hardware. Each piece evokes both individuality and a ladylike sensibility with its signature clutches and satchels.
- Subversive introduces the new diffusion line inspired by the New-Dadaist Memphis Design movement of the 1980s and created for those with an eye for proportion and balance. The collection explores a wide variety of materials such as gold toned metals, semi-precious stones and rhinestone chains.
- The hot up-and-coming designer draws influence from the Indian royalty and the International Art Nouveau style of the early 20th century. Every season the sister-in-law duo never fails to create luxurious collections with original materials and global appeal.
- Bindya NY's effortlessly chic and luxurious wearable art is styled for every personality and inspired by the designer's trips to Paris and India. The collection is most famous for their tie-dyed cashmere scarves, gauzy shawls and fabulous wraps made from the finest quality blends of cashmere, wool and silk.
- This line of fine jewelry makes a woman feel beautiful in either blue jeans or a little black dress. Two distinct collections, the 18k Couture Collection and Silver Collection are celebrated by the red carpet elite for it modern elegance and sophistication.
- This fashion forward collection presents a fusion of old and new. Lulu searches for one-of-a-kind period antiques and reinterprets these rare finds by combining them with unexpected modern elements and stylistic treatments to create the most interesting and beautiful collection possible.
- This magnificent collection is a work of art, representing a constantly evolving combination of shape, color and texture. His designs reveal a true passion for distinction and introduce innovative techniques for decorating metal surfaces and pushing the boundaries of traditional craftsmanship.
- In 1979 Carlos Falchi made his first deconstructed bag, the unlined buffalo satchel, that launched his career as a distinctive and detail oriented designer dedicated to the quality of the products and how the colors, styles and shapes make a woman feel. His revolution in handbag making has catapulted his career into the big leagues, designing for runway collections, celebrities, television, and major motion pictures.
Mercedes-Benz Lifestyle Collection
- For over a decade, Mercedes-Benz has offered an exclusive collection for the vehicle enthusiast. The collection includes fashionable women's and men's apparel, accessories, luggage and watches designed by Tourneau. Signature pieces include the "Seatbelt Bag," made from genuine seatbelt material and Mercedes-Benz pedal cars. Beginning fall 2009 they will also be partnering with Nike Golf for a series of new accessories.
Check them out this week at the tents or in stores near you soon.
Nicole, an award-winning journalist, is Executive Editor & Publisher of Hamptons.com where she focuses on celebrity interviews, fine living and design, social events, fashion and beauty. She lives on the North Fork with her husband, their two daughters, and Bernese Mountain dog, Cooper. www.hamptons.com