In honor of National Chocolate Chip Day on May 15, we're sharing Organic Krush
's tasty Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
"This cookie hits the spot every afternoon right around 3 o'clock!" Michelle Walrath
, Organic Krush co-owner, noted.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
• 2 cups gluten free flour
• .5 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 2 sticks/1 cup butter
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 egg
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and the low setting.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl - Cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla using an electric mixer until color appears light (3-5 minutes). Add egg mixing well after addition.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until all is combined. Afterwards, add in the chocolate chips.
5. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Portion out dough into 3-ounce balls, flatten slightly and bake for 12-15 minutes - rotating sheets halfway.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com