Looking for a thoughtful, unique seasonal present? Try this delicious option, which was created by Chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
Woodbridge Spiced Sauvignon Preserve:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes (most inactive)
Yield: 2 1/2 cups. About 8 to 10 servings
• 1 bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 cup dried cherries
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
• One 13-ounce jar blueberry jam (preferably with blueberries in the mix)
You can really go crazy with embellishments. (Courtesy Photo)
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon to a simmer, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the cherries, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Continue to reduce until there is about 1 1/2 cups remaining, 10 to 12 additional minutes.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon and shut off the heat. Let the preserve sit and cool completely off the heat.
4 Serve the preserve: I leave the cinnamon sticks in for décor but feel free to remove. Spoon the preserve into a glass bowl or festive jar. If not serving right away, refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 weeks.