Summer Entertaining: Callie Collection Wines Summer Pea Tartine Recipe
Callie Collection Wines Summer Pea Tartine. (Courtesy Photo)
Is your summer party menu getting a little stale with the same old options? This delectable recipe will be a refreshing addition to any summer gathering.
Callie Collection Wines Summer Pea Tartine:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 loaf sourdough, sliced into 8 ½" thick slices
• 8 oz. whole milk ricotta
• 8 ounces feta
• Zest and juice of one lemon (about 1 teaspoon zest and 1 tablespoon juice)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup fresh peas, cooked
• 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup fresh mint, small leaves only (or torn large leaves)
• Zest of one lemon
• 1 tablespoon flaky salt (such as maldon salt)
• Optional: 4 pieces bacon, cooked and broken into small pieces
1. Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of each bread slice lightly with olive oil. Grill the bread on a grill pan or on an actual grill. If using a grill, watch your bread carefully as it can burn quickly. Remove bread or set aside.
2. Add ricotta, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to the bowl of or a food processor. Process until smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
3. Using a spoon, spread 1-2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto each bread slice. Top with 1 tablespoon peas, 4-5 radish slices, 5-6 pieces of mint, a sprinkling of lemon zest and a dash of maldon salt. Serve immediately and pair with a glass of Callie Collection Pinot Grigio.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com