Since Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year, if you're planning a romantic meal at home, chances are you want something that's not super time consuming. You can prepare this Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon from Clos du Bois
before you leave for work, and by the time you get home, your delicious meal will be ready.
Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon from Clos du Bois:
• 3 lbs. Stew Beef, cube
• 4 oz. Pancetta
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
• 1 cups red potatoes, chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
• 1 1/2 cup Clos du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
• Bay leaf
• 1 tsp. thyme
1. Crisp the pancetta in a skillet.
2. Add beef to pan until browned on both sides. Set the meat aside.
3. Cook onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrots and season with butter, salt and pepper.
4. Add all ingredients, except the mushrooms, to your slow cooker, adding the wine last.
5. Cover your pot, and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
6. Sautee mushrooms and add to stew before serving.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com