Is everyone gathering at your house to watch Super Bowl
50? Start the Sunday night football extravaganza right with these easy to make, tasty bite-size balls.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Touchdown Bites:
Yield: 30 to 40 sausage balls
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tbsp chopped
• 1-pound ground spicy sausage (or mild if you prefer)
• 3 oz cream cheese
Cabernet Honey Mustard:
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
• 1 cup of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2 fresh thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir cornmeal, flour, cheddar cheese, salt and thyme together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage and cream cheese with your hands.
4. Add sausage mixture to cornmeal mixture and combine the two. Your dough will be dry and crumbly, and somewhat difficult to combine. Form 1-ounce balls and place on baking sheet one inch apart.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
6. While the sausage balls are baking, make your Cabernet Honey Mustard.
7. Add all Cabernet Honey Mustard ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about half. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve in a bowl alongside sausage balls.
8. Enjoy sausage balls hot or at room temperature.
(Entertaining Tip: These sausage balls are great at room temperature, making them the perfect tailgating food. Let the balls cool completely, and then pack them between paper towels in a storage container to transport them to the game.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com