Chef Fiona Bohane's Peach Blueberry Cobbler incorporates all the Independence Day colors. (Courtesy Photo)
On Fourth of July, you can't have enough red, white, and blue themed dishes. While it may be hard to naturally incorporate the patriotic colors into most dishes, Chef Fiona Bohane's Blueberry Cobbler features red (from the filling), blue (from the blueberries), and white (if topped with vanilla ice cream or paired with The Dreaming Tree Everyday).
Peach Blueberry Cobbler:
Serves 6-8 people
• 1 pint Blueberries
• 3 pounds of fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (see note below) • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons The Dreaming Tree Everyday white wine
• 1 pinch salt
1. Place all ingredients in a pot.
2. Heat over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a simmer and the liquid becomes clear, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and carefully transfer to an 8x11/12in glass or ceramic pan.
(Note: To peel peaches, cut an "x" in the bottom of the peach, just through the skin. Put in a pot of boiling water for about 20 seconds (you may need to do this in stages), then place into ice water to cool. Skin should come off quite easily. If fresh peaches are not available you can use frozen. Defrost the peaches and follow the recipe from there.)
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup sugar, plus 2T reserved
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ginger
• 1 pinch salt
• 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
• 2/3 cup kefir, buttermilk or heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons (reserved)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. While the filling is heating, mix together all dry ingredients. If you have a food processor you can use this. Pulse the dry ingredients. Add the cubed butter and pulse until incorporated and you can't see any large chunks of butter.
3. Transfer to a bowl, add 2/3 c kefir and vanilla and gently mix with a wooden spoon until the batter just comes together.
4. Using a spoon or your hands, take biscuits and place on top of the filling. The topping will cover most of the filling but make sure to leave small space between the biscuits to allow the heat to escape.
5. Brush tops of biscuits with reserved kefir and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, until nicely browned and biscuits cooked through.
7. Allow to cook for at least 30 minutes.
8. Serve with ice cream.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.
Our menu focuses on seafood and Greek dishes such as salt baked fish, seafood pasta and Mediterranean mezze. Our wine list has been awarded The Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator and boasts the largest selection of rosé in the Hamptons. The name Calissa is derived from the brightest constellation in the summer sky.Our sister restaurants in New York are Amali and Bar Marseille, opening 2020 in the Rockaways. Calissa offers private dining spaces for groups from 10 to 300 people. To plan your next wedding, corporate event or gathering, please email email@example.com. 1020 MONTAUK HIGHWAY, WATER MILL
Suburban Propane has been serving the energy needs for home owners and business in the Hampton’s for decades. We offer friendly service by local professionals you know and trust, plus the peace of mind that comes from knowing we are among the leaders in the industry for safety.