Super Bowl XLIX Starter: Woodbridge By Robert Mondavi Roasted Butternut Squash And Goat Cheese Pinot Noir Dip
Before watching the New England Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks, snack on this tasty dip. (Courtesy Photo)
As you start to create your menu for Super Bowl
Sunday, make sure to include a dish that you can enjoy during pregame coverage. This delicious, easy-to make dip can be made up to two days before you plan to serve it.
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Roasted Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Pinot Noir Dip:
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
• 1 pound butternut squash, cubed
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into large pieces
• 3 bulbs garlic, diced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp pine nuts plus more for garnish
• 2 tbsp goat cheese plus more for garnish
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir
• Zest of 1/2 lemon
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Cayenne, to taste
• 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Toss first four ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
3. Spread them out on a baking sheet and bake until butternut squash is fork tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until smooth.
5. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and top with extra pine nuts and goat cheese. Serve warm with crackers, pita or Ciabatta bread.
(Note: If you plan on making in advance, store the dip in an oven proof serving dish and when ready to enjoy, heat for 30 minutes at 375º before serving. At the 25-minute mark, take the dip out and sprinkle goat cheese and pine nuts over top. Put back in the oven on broil for the remaining 5 minutes to toast the pine nuts and warm the goat cheese.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com