If your favorite eat of the summer is watermelon, raise a glass to the sweet, refreshing fruit on National Watermelon Day (Monday, August 3) with one of the delicious libations.
1800 Silver Summer Sangria:
• 1 oz. 1800 Silver
• 3 oz. Rosé
• .25 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• .5 oz. Simple Syrup
• 3 cubes Watermelon
• Cucumber, for garnish
Muddle watermelon, shake and strain over ice cubes in a stemless wine glass. Top with rosé and stir gently to combine. Garnish with cucumber-wrapped inner glass and watermelon slice.
Summer Watermelon Sparkle:
• 1 oz. CÎROC Summer Watermelon
• 1/2 oz. Cranberry Juice
• 1 oz. Champagne, to top
• 1/4 oz. Elderflower Liqueur (if desired)
• Watermelon Skin Twist, for garnish
Pour the CIROC Watermelon and cranberry juice into a flute glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with a Watermelon skin twist.
Canteen Bitter Melon:
• 2 oz. Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka
• .5 oz. Lemon Juice
• 5 oz. Canteen Watermelon
• .75 oz. Campari
• .75 oz. Cointreau
• Cilantro or Dill, for garnish
Shake over ice and strain into rocks glass with new ice.
Convite Spicy Watermelon Margarita:
• 2 cups Watermelon Chunks
• Juice of 1 Lime + more to garnish and add to taste
• 4 thin slices of Jalepeño Pepper, seeds removed
• 1 - 1 1/2 cups plain Seltzer Water
• 1/2 cup Convite Esencial Mezcal
Blend the watermelon chunks, 1/2 cup seltzer and 1/4 cup mezcal in a blender with ice. Drop 2 slices of jalepeño into each glass, then pour. Garnish with lime.
Drake's Summer Rum Punch:
• 8 cups of Watermelon (cut in 2in squares)
• 1 cup Drake's Organic White Rum
• 1 cup Orange Juice
• 1/2 cup Lime Juice
• 1.5 cups Ginger Beer
Watermelon in blender until slushy. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher. Add orange juice, lime juice, and rum. Keep in fridge until ready to serve. Add ginger beer to pitcher when ready to serve. Stir. Pour over ice.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com