Celebrating the holiday weekend with an at-home gathering or two? Add one of these festive sips.
• 1 1/2 oz. Tequila Don Julio Blanco
• 1 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 oz. Agave Nectar
• 1 oz. Water
• Fresh Blueberries
• Fresh Strawberries
• Fresh Raspberries
Muddle or macerate fresh berries into rocks glass. Combine Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh lemon juice, agave nectar, and water into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain contents into rocks glass with berries over fresh ice.
Moet Liber-Tea: (Created by Crystal Chasse of Seamstress, NY)
• 4 oz. Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial infused with Pomegranate White Tea
• 1.25 oz. Belvedere Vodka
• 1.5 oz. Ginger Beer
• 2 d Angostura (Aromatic) Bitters
• Pomegranate Ice Cubes
• Ice: Cubes with Pomegranate Seeds Frozen into them
• Crystallized Ginger, for garnish
• Sparkler, for garnish
Build in Glass. Take on Pomegranate White Tea Bag and steep it in 4 oz. of Moet & Chandon Ice Imperial for 2 minutes. Add Belvedere Vodka and Ginger Beer. Pour into a Collins glass and add Pomegranate ice cubes. Garnish with skewered crystallized ginger and a Sparkler.
• 1 1/2 oz. St-Germain
• 2 oz. Dry Sparkling Wine
• 2 oz. Sparkling Water
• Lemon Twist, for garnish
Combine all ingredients over ice in a Collins glass. Stir gently. Garnish with a lemon twist.
• 1 oz. Santa Teresa 1796 Rum
• 0.25 oz. Genepy le Chamois
• 0.25 oz. Mandarine Napoleon
• 1 spoonful Banana Combier
• 0.75 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• Plantain Chip, for garnish
• Edible Orchid, for garnish
Shaken, served in a highball glass with a Collins ice sphere. Top drink with sparkling wine, and garnish with a single plantain chip and an edible orchid.
The Pink Panther Cocktail: (Created by Enrique Olvera, Chef and owner of Cosme and Atla + mixologist Jim Meehan of NYC's Please Don't Tell)
• 2 oz. Tequila Casa Dragones Blanco
• 0.75 oz. Lime Juice
• 0.5 oz. Grapefruit Juice
• 0.5 oz. of Agave Syrup
• 2 dashes of Orchard Street Celery Shrub
• Lime wheel, for garnish
Shake with ice and fine strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top with 1 oz. Fever Tree Ginger Ale. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Red Rum Punch:
• 3/4 parts Bacardi Limon
• 3/4 parts Bacardi Raspberry
• 3/4 parts Bacardi Superior
• 1/2 parts Grenadine
• 2 parts Sweet & Sour
• 1 parts Cranberry Juice
• Lemon Wedge, for garnish
• Mint, for garnish
Pour all ingredients into a punch bowl that is filled with ice blocks. Stir. Garnish the bowl with lemon wheels and raspberries.
Basil Hayden's® Endless Summer: (Created by Amy Probasco of Chicago, IL)
• 1 1/12 parts Basil Hayden's Caribbean Reserve Rye™
• 1/2 part Pineapple Syrup
• 1/2 part Lime Juice
• Ginger Beer
• Pineapple wedge, for garnish
• Candied Ginger, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a collins glass with ice. Stir to combine. Top with Ginger Beer. Garnish with pineapple wedge and skewered candied ginger.
Summer Bonfire: (Created by Mixologist Eric Ribiero)
• 1 1/2 oz. Buchanan's 12-Year-Old DeLuxe
• 3/4 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
• Top with Ginger Beer
• Strawberries, for garnish
• Fresh Rosemary Sprig, for garnish
Combine Buchanan's 12-Year-Old DeLuxe, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain contents into a highball glass over fresh ice. Fill to top with ginger beer.
Effen Yuzu Citrus & Soda:
• 1 ˝ parts Effen Yuzu Citrus Vodka
• 3 parts Grapefruit Flavored Club Soda
• Grapefruit slice, for garnish
Build over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a grapefruit slice.
• 1 can of Crook & Marker Coconut Pineapple
• 1 oz. White Rum
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• Pineapple slice, for garnish
Combine ingredients in a glass over ice and mix. Garnish with a pineapple or lime slice.
Blueberry Mint Smash:
• 1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• Blueberries, for garnish
• Mint Sprigs, for garnish
Lightly muddle 6-8 blueberries and 3-5 mint leaves in a shaker. Add remainder of ingredients into the shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a julep cup over crushed ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and blueberries.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com