Friday, June 14 is National Bourbon Day, so raise a glass to the spirit while celebrating the start of the weekend.
Basil Hayden's® Endless Summer :(Created by Amy Probasco of Chicago, IL)
• 1 1/12 parts Basil Hayden's Caribbean Reserve Rye™
• 1/2 part Pineapple Syrup
• 1/2 part Lime Juice
• Ginger Beer
• Pineapple wedge (for garnish)
• Candied ginger (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a collins glass with ice. Stir to combine. Top with Ginger Beer. Garnish with pineapple wedge and skewered candied ginger.
Knob Creek® Rye Creek Cup: (Created by John McCarthy)
• 2 parts Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
• 1/2 parts freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 parts simple syrup (equal parts white sugar and water)
• 1 cucumber slice cut in half
• 2 strawberries
• 2 basil leaves
• 2 ounces of ginger ale
• 1 lemon wheel (for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker, muddle a half cucumber slice, one strawberry and a basil leaf. Add the Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously. Double-strain using a fine mesh strainer into a Collins glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale and lightly stir. Garnish with remaining half slice of cucumber, a lemon wheel, half a strawberry and a basil leaf.
• 1 oz Duke Bourbon
• ½ oz Atlantico Reserva
• ½ oz Fresh Lime Juice
• ½ oz Coconut Cream
• ½ oz Orange Juice
• 1 oz Pineapple Juice
• 8-10 Leaves of Fresh Mint
• ½ oz Float of Fernet Branca
• Garnish: Fresh Pineapple, Amarena Cherry, Mint Sprig
Roll mint and drop into an empty collins glass then top with crushed ice, shake 1-6 with ice and strain over the crushed ice then top with Fernet Branca.
Double Oaked Old Fashioned:
• 2 dashes of Chocolate bitters
• 1 1/2 oz of Woodford Reserve Double Baked
• 1/2 oz of Demerara sugar
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, stir and strain over ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with an orange peel after zest.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com