The Sparkling Apple. (Courtesy Photo)
Tired of sipping on the same basic hard cider? October is National Apple Month, so spice it up with one of these signature sips, which will most likely become the apple of your eye.
Apple Cinnamon Sangria:
• 1 bottle Astoria "Primo Rosso" Red Blend IGT
• 1/2 cup Soberano Brandy
• 1 cup Apple Cider
• 1 Golden Delicious Apple, diced (reserve a few slices for garnish)
• 1 Honeycrisp Apple Diced (reserve a few slices for garnish)
• 1/2 Orange, sliced
• 1/2 Orange, juiced
• 2 Cinnamon Sticks (plus 1 for garnish)
Fill a large pitcher with the cinnamon sticks, diced apples, and sliced oranges. Add wine, brandy, apple cider, and orange juice. Stir well. Pour into a stemless wine glass filled with ice, garnish with cinnamon stick and colorful apple slices, and enjoy.
The Sparkling Apple:
Apple-Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1.5 oz. Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
• .5 oz. Hard Cider
Stirred, served on the rocks with a blackberry & green apple stirring stick in a rocks glass.
• 1.5 oz. Golden Aged Rum
• 1 oz. Berentzen Apple Liqueur
• .5 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 dash Aromatic Bitters
Combine ingredients and shake heartily with ice. Strain over crushed ice and enjoy.
Avion Autumn Apple:
Avion Autumn Apple. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 oz. Avión Reposado
• 1 oz. fresh pressed Apple Juice
• 1 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Agave Nectar
Combine all ingredients in shaker, shake vigorously. Fine strain over fresh ice. Garnish with cinnamon stick or apple slice.
• 1 1/2 oz. Blue Nectar Reposado Extra Blend
• 3/4 oz. Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Black Peppercorn-Honey Syrup
• 1/4 oz. fresh Apple Juice
• 1/4 oz. Sherry
• Top with Apple Cider
• 2 Dashes of Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters
• Cinnamon Stick, for garnish
• 3 Black Peppercorns, for garnish
Add all the ingredients into the shaker except for the Apple Cider and Bitters. Fill the shaker with as much ice as you can and shake vigorously. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice (leave enough room for cider), top with Apple Cider and the 2 dashes of Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters and finally top it with a cinnamon stick and 3 black peppercorns.
Autumn's Ambrosia. (Courtesy Photo)