Skip the tequila this taco Tuesday and make like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean
by celebrating National Rum Day (Tuesday, August 16th) instead.
Cruzan® Black Strap Belle: (Created by Tiffanie Barriere, Atlanta)
Willie Juancho and The Chocolate Factory. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
• 2 parts Coconut Water
• 1 teaspoon Honey Syrup*
• Squeeze of Half Fresh Lime
• 6 dashes of Angostura® Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake well. Pour into a rocks or tiki glass over fresh crushed ice. Garnish with nutmeg.
• 1 part warm Water
• 1 part Honey
Directions: Combine equal parts honey and warm water. Shake/Stir to dissolve.
Willie Juancho and The Chocolate Factory:
• 1.5 oz. Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
• .5 oz. Dark Creme de Cacao
• Instant Coffee
Stir Diplomático and Crème de Cacao. Wet the rim of a snifter glass with lime and dip in instant coffee. Pour in prepared snifter glass.
Mother Jamaica Daiquiri: (Created by Willy Shine)
Mother Jamaica Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Appleton Estate Signature Blend
• 1 part Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1/4 part Black Strap Molasses
• 3/4 part Vanilla Demerara Simple Syrup (1-1)
Shake and strain into a frozen coupe, garnish with orange oil and peel and dust of nutmeg and blue mountain coffee grounds.
Rum Mule. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Havana Club Añejo Clásico
• 2 parts chilled Ginger Beer
• 2 Lime wedges
• 2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
Fill highball glass with ice and squeeze in lime wedges. Pour in Havana Club Añejo Clásico rum and ginger beer. Complete by adding a dash of bitters and stir gently.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com