Hornitos LeMANade. (Courtesy Photo)
With the Memorial Day weekend weather expected to be more like mid-summer temperatures, we bet they'll be a lot of outdoor BBQs. What accompanies a casual gathering or swanky soiree best? A crisp, refreshing cocktail, of course.
1. Spiked Strawberry Slushie:
• 1 bottle Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore
• 3 cups Strawberries
• 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
• 1 sprig of fresh Mint
• Ice Cubes
• 1 tablespoon Sugar
Stir lemon juice and 1/2 Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore together, set aside. Combine ice cubes, mint, sugar and strawberries in blender, blend on high until smooth. Pour in lemon and Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore mixture and blend on medium until smooth. Distribute mixture and top each glass with remaining Prosecco. Garnish with strawberry.
Mixtape Punch. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Mixtape Punch: (Created by Natasha David of Nitecap in New York City)
• 1 oz. Aperol
• 4 oz. Vodka
• 4 oz. Dry Vermouth
• 3 oz. Watermelon Juice
• 3 oz. Lime Juice
• 2 oz. Simple Syrup
• 6 oz. Sparkling Wine
Build ingredients in a punch bowl and stir.
American Apple Pie. (Courtesy Photo)
3. American Apple Pie: (Created by Cassandra Rosen for Soltado Tequila)
Serves 8 to 10
Sauza® 901® Peachy Keen. (Courtesy Photo)
• 16 oz. spiced Apple Cider
• 6 oz. Soltado Tequila Picante
• 4 oz. Apple Brandy or Cognac
• 3 oz. Orange Liqueur
• 4 oz. Ginger Syrup
• Thin Apple Slice and Cinnamon Stick, for garnish
• Vanilla ice cream, optional
Stir all ingredients in a punch bowl, garnish with apple slices and cinnamon. Serve over ice. Ice cream float optional.
4. Hornitos LeMANade:
• 2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
• 1 1/2 parts Ginger Ale
• 1 1/2 parts fresh Lemonade
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• Lemon Peel, for garnish
Combine ingredients in a highball glass and serve. Garnish with a lemon peel.
5. Sauza® 901® Peachy Keen:
A Not So Secret Garden. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Sauza® 901® Tequila
• 1 part Triple Sec
• 1 part Peach Schnapps
• 1 part Grapefruit Juice
• Thyme Sprig, for garnish
Combine all ingredients over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass. Garnish with a thyme sprig.
6. A Not So Secret Garden: (Created by Tim Wells of Revival Social Club in Chicago, IL)
• 1 oz. Nolet's Silver Gin
• 1/2 oz. St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
• 1/4 oz. Lemon Juice
• 1/4 oz. Raspberry Liqueur
• 6 to 8 pieces of cubed Cantaloupe (approximately 1/4 cup)
• 6 to 8 Basil Leaves
Combine lemon, basil, and cantaloupe in a shaker. Muddle the ingredients until the cantaloupe has been crushed. Add the remaining ingredients, fill shaker with ice, shake for 8 to 10 seconds, double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Cruzan® Black Cherry Avalanche. (Courtesy Photo)
7. Cruzan® Black Cherry Avalanche:
• 1 Part Cruzan® Black Cherry Rum
• 1 Part DeKuyper
® Michigan Cherry Schnapps Liqueur
• Lime Wedges
• Mint Spring
• Black Cherries
Midori® Colada. (Courtesy Photo)
Pack rocks glass with shaved ice. Slowly pour chilled spirits over the ice. Squeeze lime on top. Garnish with sprig of mint and a black cherry.
8. Midori® Colada:
• 2 parts Midori® Melon Liqueur
• 1 part Cruzan® Pineapple Rum
• 4 parts Colada Mix*
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a hurricane type glass and top with whipped cream and a pineapple/cherry stack.
*Colada Mix Ingredients:
• 5 parts Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
• 8 parts Pineapple Juice
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender without ice and mix until well blended. Keep remaining mixture chilled (mixture should last between 5 to 7 days).
Venceremos and Red Hot Summer. (Courtesy Photos)
9. Venceremos: (Created by Gn Chan of Angel's Share)
• 1 1/2 parts Bacardi Superior
• 1/2 part Coconut Liqueur
• 5/6 part Pineapple Juice
• 1/2 part Cucumber Juice
• 1/6 part Lime Juice
• 1 Dash Sesame Oil
Shake and strain. Garnish with pineapple leaf.
10. Red Hot Summer:
• 1 1/2 parts Skinnygirl
® Tangerine Vodka
• 1 part Pomegranate Juice
• 6 parts Club Soda or Sparkling Water
• Orange Wheel, for garnish
Pour ingredients over ice, and garnish with an orange wheel.
Rosé All Day. (Courtesy Photo)
11. Rosé All Day:
• 1 part Owl's Brew
White and Vine (blend of white tea, pomegranate, lemon peel, and watermelon juice)
• 1 part Rosé Wine
In a glass, combine equal parts chilled Pink and Black and chilled Rosé. Top with seltzer. Garnish with fresh fruit - we recommend strawberries, raspberries or a wedge of watermelon.
Beat Meister. (Courtesy Photo)
12. Beat Meister: (Created by Willy Shine, Brand Meister)
• 1.5 oz. Jägermeister
• 1 oz. fresh Pink Grapefruit Juice
• .5 oz. Simple Syrup
• Grapefruit Soda
Shake and strain all ingredients into a highball glass except grapefruit soda over fresh ice, top with soda and garnish with half a grapefruit wheel.
Sauza® Tequila Sunrise. (Courtesy Photo)
13. Sauza® Tequila Sunrise:
• 2 parts Sauza® Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1 part Lime Juice
• 1 part Orange Juice
• 3 parts Cranberry Juice
• 1 Grapefruit wedge, for garnish
Fill shaker with all ingredients and shake. Strain into glass over ice. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com