Now that it actually feels like spring, World Cocktail Day (Thursday, May 12th) marks the perfect opportunity to pick a drink with your favorite spirit and enjoy an outdoor after-work cocktail.
Island Time Spritz:
Island Time Spritz. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Sugar Island Coconut Rum
• 1 part Pineapple Juice
• 3/4 part Lemon Juice
• 3/4 part Aperol
• 1/4 Simple Syrup
• Sparkling Rose
Combine together over ice. Garnish with pineapple chunks on a skewer.
Scot's Pomelo: (Created by Ryan Judson, Brand Ambassador for Usquaebach)
• 1 oz. Usquaebach Reserve Scotch Whisky
• 1 oz. Pierre Ferand Dry Curacao
• 1 oz. La Quintinye Vermouth Royal Blanc
• Grapefruit wedge, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a rocks glass over ice. Stir, garnish with grapefruit twist.
Scot's Pomelo. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 oz. Club Soda
• 1 oz. London No. 1 Gin
• 1/2 oz. Vermouth Royal Extra Dry
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
• Fresh Mint Leaves, for garnish
• Lemon and Orange Zest, for garnish
Muddle mint and simple syrup in a glass, stir in gin, vermouth and lemon juice. Add seltzer and fill glass with ice. Garnish with mint leaves, lemon and orange zest.
The Cipriani Bellini:
The Cipriani Bellini. (Courtesy Photo)
Mile High. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 750ml bottle of Prosecco DOC
• 5 ripe, White Peaches
• Simple Syrup, optional
Blend peaches and simple syrup until you have smooth puree. Strain the puree and chill for two hours. Pour the peach puree into champagne flutes and gently top with Prosecco DOC.
• 2 oz. Tequila Avión Silver
• 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
• 1/2 oz. Agave Nectar
• 1/2 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
• 2 Jalapeños Wheels
• Pineapple Wedge or Lime Wheel, for garnish
Lightly muddle jalapeño wheels and agave nectar in a shaker. Add the remaining ingredients, fill with ice and shake until well chilled. Strain into a large rocks glass that has been rimmed with a mixture of chili powder and salt. Garnish with a lime wheel or pineapple wedge.