Whether your love life is flourishing or currently at a standstill, the time to pay tribute to Saint Valentine has arrived. So as you spend a romantic evening with your true love or skip the festivities and partake in Galentine's Day instead, here are 14 Valentine's Day inspired cocktails that we think you'll adore.
The Sassy Lassie. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Amarula Sunset:
• 2 1/2 oz. Amarula
• 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
• 2-3 teaspoons Strawberry Puree
• Fresh Strawberry, for garnish
Blend ingredients and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a delicious Amarula-filled fresh strawberry.
2. Flirty Fizz:
• 1 part Pinnacle
• 2 parts Lemon-Lime Soda
• Splash of Cranberry Juice
Mix over ice and share with your one true love.
3. The Sassy Lassie:
• 2 oz. Usquaebach Reserve blended Scotch Whisky
• 1 oz. Amaro Lucano
• 2 Strawberries
• Dash of Chocolate Bitters
• Shaved Dark Chocolate, for garnish
• 1 slice of Strawberry, for garnish
Amour Rouge. (Courtesy Photo)
Add strawberries and bitters to a mixing glass and muddle. Add ice, scotch and amaro. Stir until very cold. Strain into a cocktail coupe. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Fit a strawberry slice to the rim of the glass.
4. Berry Sweethearts:
• 2 oz. Tequila Avión Silver
• 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 tbsp. Black Currant Jam
• Blackberry, for garnish
• Lime wheel, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in an ice filled shaker, shake vigorously until well chilled. Strain into a Collins or highball glass. Garnish with blackberry and a lime wheel.
5. Amour Rouge:
• 1 part Grey Goose Vodka
• 1 part Pineau des Charentes
• 1/2 part Crème de Cassis
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 dash Angostura Aromatic Bitters
• 1 small cluster Red Currants, for garnish
• Lemon twist, for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with zest of lemon and cluster of red currants.
Ruby Romance. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Ruby Romance:
• 1 oz. Viniq Ruby Shimmery Liqueur, chilled
• Strawberry Moscato, chilled
• White Chocolate Chips, for garnish
• Strawberries, for garnish
• Simple Syrup, for garnish
• Pink sugar crystals and edible pink hearts, for garnish
• Edible glitter dust, for garnish
Start making garnish by mixing sparkly pink sugar crystals and edible pink hearts together in a bowl. Dip rim of champagne flute in simple syrup on a plate and then dip glass lightly in sugar heart mix. Add chilled Viniq Ruby Shimmery Liqueur and Strawberry Moscato to champagne flute. Melt white chocolate chips, dip clean strawberry half way in chocolate. Place strawberries upside down on an egg carton tray and sprinkle with diamond shimmer edible glitter dust. Add chocolate covered strawberries as garnish. (Note: Edible glitter dust, edible hearts & sparkly sugar crystals available at your local craft store in the baking isle.)
7. A Kiss Before Midnight: (Created by Mixologist Alex Fletcher)
• 1 1/3 oz. Baileys Salted Caramel
• 1 oz. Zacapa Rum 23
• 2 oz. Chilled Espresso
• 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• Crushed Pretzels for Ggarnish
Place chocolate chips in a metal mixing bowl. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring a boil. Hold the bowl of chocolate chips over the saucepan and slowly stir chocolate until melted. Once melted, lace the rim of a martini glass in the chocolate and dust with crushed pretzels. Place glass to the side. Combine Baileys Salted Caramel, Zacapa Rum 23 and chilled espresso in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled. Strain contents into garnished martini glass.
A Kiss Before Midnight. (Courtesy Photo)
8. Pomp Fizz: (Created by Zachary Taylor, Dirty Water)
• 1.5 oz. Patrón Reposado
• .75 oz. Lemon Juice
• .5 oz. Cinnamon Syrup*
• 1 heaping barspoon of Pomegranate Seeds
Pomp Fizz. (Courtesy Photo)
Build in shaker, adding tequila, juice, syrup, seeds and then ice. Shake vigorously and fine strain into a champagne flute. Top with Prosecco and then drop a bar spoon of pomegranate seeds into drink. Add 1 dash of angostura bitters to float on top.
• 1 cup Water
• 1 cup Sugar
• 2 sticks Canela (Mexican cinnamon), broken into pieces
Directions: Combine sugar, water and cinnamon in a sauce pan over medium heat and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved and a prominent cinnamon flavor develops. Transfer to a glass jar and Let cool. Store in refrigerator up to one month.
9. Locked Lips:
• 1 1/2 oz. Diplomático Reserva
• 1/2 oz. Vermouth Royal Rouge
• 1/3 oz. Orange Curaçao
• 1 small dash Grenadine
Stir ingredients with cracked ice, and then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange zest twist.
The Smoked Blossom, Berry Sweethearts, Locked Lips, and Amarula Sunset. (Courtesy Photos)
10. Meehan's Black Flip: (Created by Jim Meehan and Jeff Bell)
• 2 parts Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
• 1 1/2 parts Cruzan
Black Strap Rum
• 1/2 part Demerara Syrup
• 1 whole Egg
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and swirl to decarbonate beer. Dry shake, shake with ice, and strain into a chilled fizz glass. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Meehan's Black Flip. (Courtesy Photo)
11. Rescobler: (Created by Riccardo Tuttolomondo)
• 15 ml Lime
• 10 ml Sugar
• 2 Blueberries
• 2 Raspberries
• 45 ml Cerasuolo
• 15 ml Gin
Rescobler. (Courtesy Photo)
Muddle 2 blueberries and 2 raspberries. Add to shaker with ice, lime, sugar, gin, and Cerasuolo, and shake. Served with crushed ice in mug.
12. The Smoked Blossom: (Created by Dudley Delhagen, 2015 DeKuyper Cocktail Master)
• 1 part John DeKuyper & Sons Fleur Elderflower Liqueur
• 2 parts Connemara Irish Whiskey
• 1/2 part Fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
• 2 dashes Orange Bitters
• 1 Lemon twist, for garnish
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
13. Sangria Rosa:
• 1 1/2 oz. Rosa Regale
• 2 Strawberries
• 2 Pineapple cubes
• 1 1/2 oz. Raspberry Vodka
• 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 oz. Soda
• Pineapple Leaf, for garnish
Muddle 1 strawberry and pineapple. Add ice, raspberry vodka, simple syrup and lime juice, and shake. Add Rosa Regale and soda. Swirl and strain into 14 oz. glass over ice. Garnish with a Pineapple Leaf, skewered Pineapple and Strawberry.
Sangria Rosa. (Courtesy Photo)
14. Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Margarita: (Serves 2)
• 3 parts Sauza
• 1 parts DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur
• 2 part Pucker
• 6 parts Sour Mix
• 2 Chocolate-Covered Strawberries, for garnish
• Chocolate shavings for rimming
Add all ingredients to a blender, puree until smooth. Serve in glasses rimmed with chocolate shavings and garnish each with a chocolate-covered strawberry.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com