Halloween is the time to break out all the mixology tricks and treats to create a concoction that is spectacularly spooky. If you're in need of a little inspiration, here are ten magical mixtures that witches, goblins, princesses, zombies, and superheroes will all enjoy.
Headless Horseman. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Pinnacle Halloweenie-Tini:
• 1 part Pinnacle Caramel Apple Vodka
• 1 part Apple Juice
Shake and pour into glass.
2. Headless Horseman:
• 2 oz. Usquaebach Premium Reserve
• .75 oz. La Quintinye Vermouth Royal
• 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Add ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir and strain in to cocktail glass.
3. El Diablo (a.k.a 'the devil'):
• 1.75 oz. Partida Reposado
• .75 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• .5 oz. Agave Nectar
• .25 oz. Crème de Cassis
• Ginger Beer
Shake all ingredients except for ginger beer with ice and strain into a highball glass. Top with ginger beer and stir.
El Diablo (a.k.a 'the devil'). (Courtesy Photo)
4. Sugar Skull Margarita:
• 1 1/2 parts Sauza
Signature Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1 1/2 parts Frozen Limeade
• 3 parts Fruit Punch Soda
• Dragon Fruit slice for garnish (optional)
Combine tequila, limeade, and fruit punch soda in a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Garnish with a dragon fruit slice.
5. Basil Hayden's Pumpkin Bourbon Cider: (Created by Larry Piaskowy)
• 2 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
• 3/4 part fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Sweet Vermouth
• 1/4 tsp. Superfine Sugar
• 3/4 part Pumpkin Puree
• 6 dashes Angostura Bitters
• 2 parts Dry Hard Cider
• 1 piece of Fresh Nutmeg (for garnish)
• 1 Cinnamon Stick (for garnish)
Combine pumpkin puree, superfine sugar, sweet vermouth, bitters and lemon juice into a mixing glass. Stir until sugar is nearly dissolved. Add Basil Hayden's Bourbon and ice. Stir well and strain into a cocktail glass. Top with dry hard cider. Garnish with grated nutmeg and a cinnamon stick.
Sugar Skull Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
6. Grey Goose Diabolique:
• 1..5 part Grey Goose Le Citron
• 1/3 part Cointreau
• 1/3 part fresh Pineapple Juice
• 3/4 part fresh Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Crème de Mure
Build all the ingredients apart from the Crème de Mure in a mixing glass. Top with cubed ice and shake. Fine strain into a highball glass, then add a cap of crushed ice. Drizzle with Crème de Mure and garnish with a pineapple slice and mint.
The Bloodhound and El Deunde Verde. (Courtesy Photos)
7. The Bloodhound:
• 1 oz. Boodles Mulberry
• 1 oz. Whiskey
Combine ingredients in a rocks glass over ice.
8. El Deunde Verde (The Green Goblin):
• 1 1/2 oz. 1800 Silver Tequila
• 1/2 oz. fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
• 1/2 oz. fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
• 1/2 oz. Lime Juice Cordial
• 1⁄4 oz. Green Chartreuse
Combine ingredients, serve over ice and garnish with lime wedge.
Fright-tini, Basil Hayden's Pumpkin Bourbon Cider, and Midori Spider's Kiss. (Courtesy Photos)
• 1 part Skinnygirl
• 1 part DeKuyper Pucker
Sour Apple Schnapps
• Squeeze of fresh Lime
• 2 parts Seltzer
• Apple Slices (for garnish)
Shake all ingredients except seltzer vigorously with ice. Pour mixture into a cocktail glass, top with seltzer and garnish with apple slices.
10. Midori Spider's Kiss:
• 1 part Midori Melon Liqueur
• 1 part Pinnacle Vodka
• Splash of fresh Lemon Juice
• A dew dashes of Grenadine
• Chocolate Fudge
Pipe a chocolate web into a martini glass and place in the refrigerator to chill. Combine Midori Melon Liqueur, Pinnacle Vodka, and lemon juice in a shaker and strain into glass. For a blood effect, gently pour grenadine into glass using a spoon. Garnish with a chocolate dipped orange slice.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com