If sour sips are your go-to flavor profile, pucker
up because Thursday, August 20th is National Lemonade Day. In honor of the citrus-based drink, here are eight lemonade inspired cocktail ideas.
Dawn's Early Light. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Dawn's Early Light:
• 2 oz. Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
• .75 oz. Lemon
• 2 tbsp Apricot Preserves, sliced
Combine ingredients in small, airtight container, such as a jam jar. Muddle ingredients with wooden.
2. Italian Lemonade:
• 1 part Frangelico
• 1 part Vanilla Vodka
Add Frangelico and vodka and fill with lemonade over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle with grated hazelnuts for garnish.
3. Ocean Drive: (Created by Cassandra Rosen)
• 1/2 cup of fresh Pineapple Chunks
• 2 thin slices Jalapeño Pepper
• 1 1/2 oz. Mezcal
• 1 oz. Agave Nectar
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lemon Juice
• Jalapeño Slice, for garnish
In a highball glass, muddle the pineapple and jalapeño slice. Fill with ice and set aside. Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake well and strain into the prepared glass. Garnish with a jalapeño slice and a pineapple wedge.
Sparrow Swizzle. (Courtesy Photo)
4. Watermelon Bourbonade:
• 2 parts Maker's Mark Bourbon
• 2 parts fresh-pressed Watermelon Juice (or 1 part of a good-quality bottled puree)
• 1 part fresh-squeeze Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part Simple Syrup
Build in a mixing glass, then shake & pour over fresh ice in a Collins glass. Garnish with a lemon slice, if desired.
5. Sparkling Campari Lemonade:
• 3 cups Sparkling Lemonade
• 1/3 cup Campari
• 1/4 cup Orange Juice
• Oranges Slices, for garnish
Stir lemonade with Campari and orange juice in a large pitcher. Garnish with orange slices.
Sparkling Campari Lemonade, Pinnacle Raspberry Lemonade, Ocean Drive, and Watermelon Bourbonade. (Courtesy Photos)
6. Pinnacle Raspberry Lemonade:
• 1 parts Pinnacle Raspberry Vodka
• 2 parts Lemonade
Mix ingredients and serve over ice. Garnish with a lemon wheel or raspberries.
7. Tanzanian Devil:
• 4 bottles Bai5
Tanzania Lemonade Tea
• 4 Lemons
• Small bunch of torn Mint
• Vodka (Optional)
Mix ingredients and serve over ice.
Tanzanian Devil. (Courtesy Photo)
8. Sparrow Swizzle: (Created by Garrett Mikell at Eveleigh in Los Angeles, CA)
• 1.5 oz. Snow Leopard
• 1.5 oz. Lavender Lemonade
Build in a collins glass, add crushed ice, swizzle and a lemon twist.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com