No matter if your Valentine's Day schedule includes a romantic evening in, reservations at a hot Hamptons eatery, a movie date to see "Fifty Shades of Grey" or an Anti-Valentine's Day Party, make sure you add one of these love-themed concoctions to your plans.
1. 50 Shades of Whipped:
• 2 parts Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
• 4 parts ChocoVine Wine
• Whipped Cream for garnish
Lovers Revenge. (Courtesy Photo)
Mix ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Top with whipped cream.
2. Clos Cupid:
• 4 oz. Clos du Bois North Coast Chardonnay
• 2 oz. Cranberry Juice
• 1 oz. Triple Sec
• 4 oz. Lemon-Lime Soda
• 1 Orange
Pour the Chardonnay into glasses. Add triple sec and stir. Top off the glasses with both the cranberry juice and lemon-lime soda. Stir again and add orange slice (giving a gentle squeeze first) decoration.
3. Cruzan Hot Velvet:
• 1 part Cruzan Velvet Cinn Horchata with Rum
• 1 part Cruzan Estate Diamond Dark Rum
• 2 parts Hot Chocolate (rich sweetened cocoa recommended)
• 1 pinch Chili Powder
• 1 tiny pinch Salt
• grated Cinnamon for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot and whisk briskly until warm. (Note: You can use an espresso machine steam wand to bring to temperature.)
Garnish with grated cinnamon.
Wild Heart, The House Warming, and Honey & Heat. (Courtesy Photos)
4. Wild Heart: (Created by Pamela Wiznitzer)
• 1 1/2 oz. Wild Turkey 81
• 1 oz. Campari
• 1 oz. Lillet Blanc
• 2 dashes of Orange Bitters
• Spritz of Orange Blossom Water
• Orange twist for garnish
Clos du Bois Beating Heart Cocktail. (Courtesy Photo)
Fill a shaker with ice and add 1 1/2 oz. Wild Turkey 81, Campari and Lillet Blanc. Stir gently and add two dashes of orange bitters. Discard the ice. Spritz orange blossom water into the glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass with fresh ice. Garnish with an orange twist.
5. The House Warming:
• 1.5 parts Courvoisier VSOP
• .75 parts DeKuyper Pomegranate
• .5 parts fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
• .5 parts Hibiscus Tea Syrup
• Hibiscus Flower for garnish
• Pomegranate Seeds for garnish
Shake and strain into a coupe glass. Garnished with a hibiscus flower and pomegranate seeds.
6. Lovers Revenge:
• 1 oz. Amarula Cream
• 1/5 oz. Cream
• 1/5 oz. Milk
• 1/5 oz. Pomegranate Juice
• 1 oz. Crème de Cacao
• Pomegranate Seeds
• shaved flakes of 70% Dark Chocolate
• Ice Cubes
Combine the pomegranate juice and Crème De Cacao and pour into a highball glass layered with pomegranate seeds at the bottom and fill three-quarters with ice. Mix the remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker, blender or closed container with ice and strain into the highball glass. Add another layer of pomegranate seeds on top, along with shaved flakes of 70% dark chocolate.
Bac-in Love Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
7. Berried Treasure:
• 2 parts Hornitos Reposado Tequila
• 3/4 part Simple Syrup*
• 3/4 part Lemon
• 6 to 8 Blackberries
• 1 to 2 Rosemary Sprigs
• 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Berried Treasure. (Courtesy Photo)
Add rosemary sprig and muddle, then add 6 blackberries into a mixing glass and muddle. Add the rest of the ingredients and shake well. Double strain into an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and two blackberries. (Note: To make simple syrup, mix together 1 part sugar and 1 part water and bring to a boil (approximately 1 to 2 minutes). Cool before serving.)
8. Honey & Heat:
• 2 oz. New Amsterdam Vodka or Citron Flavored Vodka
• 1 oz. Ginger Beer
• 1 oz. Lime Juice
• 1 oz. Habanero Syrup
• 1 oz. Honey Syrup/Agave Nectar
• 1 to 2 slices of Serrano Chiles
If using chiles, muddle them, then pour liquids and shake. Strain into tall glass, add 1 oz. ginger beer, garnish with a lemon wheel and serve.
50 Shades of Whipped and Cruzan Hot Velvet. (Courtesy Photos)
9. Reserve Royal Aperitif: (Created by Willy Shine)
• 1 oz. Appleton Estate Reserve Jamaica Rum
• 1/2 oz. Honey Syrup (2:1 honey to water)
• 1/2 oz. fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
• 3 1/2 oz. Champagne
Combine all ingredients, except for champagne. Add ice, then shake and strain into a flute. Top with champagne and garnish.
10. Azteca Chocolat:
• .75 oz. Azzurre Vodka
• .5 oz. White Chocolate Liqueur
• .5 oz. White Créme de Cacao Liqueur
• .25 oz. Cinnamon Schnapps
• Chocolate Syrup for garnish
• Cinnamon and Cocoa Powder for garnish
Rim a martini glass with cinnamon and cocoa, drizzle chocolate syrup inside glass. Set aside to chill. Shake the rest of the ingredients with ice, pour into glass.
Azteca Chocolat. (Courtesy Photo)
11. Bac-in Love Margarita:
• 1 1/2 parts Bacon-Infused Tequila*
• 1 part Frozen Limeade
• 1 part Water
• 1 1/2 parts Light Beer
Combine 1 1/2 parts of Bacon-Infused Tequila, frozen limeade, water and light beer. Stir gently and enjoy.
• 3 parts Sauza Blue Reposado 100% Agave Tequila
• 1 pound Bacon
• 1 quart canning jar
Directions: Cook the bacon in a frying pan until it is crisp and the fat is rendered. Remove the bacon and let drain on a plate with paper towels. Remove the liquid fat from the pan and strain, set aside to cool. Sterilize your canning jar in boiling water. Fill clean jar with 3 cups of Sauza Blue Reposado. Once the fat has cooled slightly, add it to the container. Finally add 2 pieces of the cooked bacon. Seal the jar and set to infuse for five days in your refrigerator. The fat and liquid will separate. When you are ready to use your Bacon-Infused Tequila, skim the fat from the top and strain through a double cheese cloth. Set aside 1 1/2 parts of Bacon-Infused Tequila to use for your margarita, and store the rest in the refrigerator for later use.