If you'd rather mix it up for New Year's Eve over just opening up a bottle of something bubbly here are six festive concoctions to help you ring in 2015 with flair.
˝ ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice (approximately 1/2 lime)
˝ ounce pomegranate juice
˝ ounce simple syrup
4 ounces JP Chenet Ice Edition
Pomegranate seeds (approximately 15-20) for garnish
- In a large-bowled wine glass or goblet, blend lime juice, pomegranate juice and simple syrup. Add ice and top with JP Chenet Ice Edition. Add pomegranate seeds and gently stir to swirl seeds into the drink.
Cruzan Midnight Sparkler
Ginger Honey Negroni and New Beginnings (Courtesy Photos)
1 part Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
1/4 part Turbinado Simple Syrup
1/4 part Passion Fruit Syrup
3 parts Champagne
- Combine Rum and Syrups in a cocktail shaker over ice and stir. Strain into a flute and top with Champagne. Garnish with a Lemon Twist.
Ginger Honey Negroni
1 1/2 ounces Master's Dry Gin
1 ounce Campari
1 ounce Vermouth
1/2 bottle Be Mixed Ginger, Honey
Ice, for chilling and serving
1 strip orange peel or orange wedge
- Fill a medium bowl with ice. Pour over gin, Campari, vermouth, and Be Mixed Ginger, Honey. Stir vigorously until negroni is ice cold. Place 1-2 ice cubes in double old fashioned glass and pour over negroni. Garnish with orange peels and serve.
2 parts Sauza
® 901® Tequila
1 part Maraschino Liquor
1 part Green Chartreuse® Liqueur
1 Part lime juice
- Combine all ingredients. Shake well. Double strain and serve in a martini glass.
1 part Owl's Brew
Pink & Black tea mixer
1 part Beer (a Pilsner or Lager is best)
- Rim glass with margarita salt. Serve chilled in a highball glass. Garnish with fresh lime.
1 ounce Amarula Cream
1 ounce Frangelico
˝ ounce Pushkin Vodka
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a martini glass.
Nicole, an award-winning journalist, is Executive Editor & Publisher of Hamptons.com where she focuses on celebrity interviews, fine living and design, social events, fashion and beauty. She lives on the North Fork with her husband, their two daughters, and Bernese Mountain dog, Cooper. www.hamptons.com