Partida Mexican Hot Chocolate. (Courtesy Photo)
While the holiday season is already jam packed with opportunities to treat yourself with something sweet, National Hot Chocolate Day (Saturday, December 13, 2014) is nearly here. In honor of the beloved dessert, here are five decadent ways to get your cocoa fix.
1. Partida Mexican Hot Chocolate: (Courtesy of Jacques Bezuidenhout)
• 2 oz. Partida Añejo
• 1 packet Hot Chocolate
• Cayenne Pepper
• Grated Cinnamon
• Nutmeg (for garnish)
In a pot add your favorite chocolate powder mix and full cream milk. Stir and bring to a hot simmer. Add small pinches of cayenne pepper and grated cinnamon to taste. Add hot chocolate to your favorite mug with the addition of 2 ounces of Partida Añejo and grate a little nutmeg over the top.
Naughty List Hot Cocoa. (Courtesy Photo)
2. Naughty List Hot Cocoa:
• 1 part Pinnacle Whipped Vodka
• 1 part Hot Chocolate
Pour into a festive mug and garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
3. Chocolate Peppermint Margarita:
• 1.5 parts Sauza Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• .5 part Peppermint Schnapps
• 6 parts Milk
• 1 part Hot Chocolate Powder
• Candy Cane
In a shaker filled with ice, combine all ingredients and shake. Pour into your most festive glass and garnish with a candy cane. Enjoy.
4. Hot Mentha Mess: (Created by Erin Sullivan of The Third Man)
• 1 part Solbeso
• 1 part Branca Menta
• 6 parts Hot Chocolate (made half and half with water and sweetened condensed milk)
• 2 pinches Cayenne Pepper
• 1 homemade Marshmallow
Hot Mentha Mess. (Courtesy Photo)
Elsa's Frozen Hot Cocoa was inspired by Diney's "Frozen." (Courtesy Photo)
Heat hot chocolate with water, condensed milk, and cayenne. Pour into mug; add Solbeso and Branca Menta. Garnish with homemade marshmallow, sprinkle of cayenne and fresh mint spring.
5. Elsa's Frozen Hot Cocoa:
(Created by Cole Cameron and serves 2)
• 1.5 oz. Azzurre Vodka
• .25 oz. Irish Cream
• .5 oz. White Chocolate Liquor
• .5 oz. Grand Marnier
• 9 oz. Hot Chocolate
• 8 Ice Cubes
• Cinnamon (for garnish)
• Whipped Cream (for garnish)
• Chocolate Shavings (for garnish)
• Candied Orange Peel (for garnish)
Chill hot chocolate for at least two hours. Put all ingredients into a blender, blend with ice, top with one or all of the garnishes. Enjoy.