The first gathering of the 2014 holiday season is finally here. Here are eight cocktails to sip on while giving thanks with your family and friends this Thanksgiving.
Azzurre Adult Apple Cider Float. (Photo: Garrett Farber of Todd English Pub, Las Vegas)
1. Dessert Table:
• 1 part Pinnacle Pumpkin Pie Vodka
• 1 part DeKuyper Crème DeCocoa Dark
• 1 part Half and Half
Combine ingredient and serve in a mug. Garnish with whipped cream.
2. Azzurre Adult Apple Cider Float:
• 2 oz. Azzurre Vodka
• 6 oz. Hard Apple Cider
• 1 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
Scoop vanilla ice cream into chilled mason jar, add vodka and top with hard apple cider.
Cocoa Press. (Courtesy Photo)
3. Char-Cold One:
• 1.5 parts Hornitos Plata Tequila
• 5 parts Mexican Lager
• 3 dashes Hot Sauce
• 8 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
• .5 part Lime Juice
Combine ingredients in a pint glass or pilsner glass and serve. Garnish with lime.
4. Turkey Day Toast:
• 3 parts Skinnygirl Prosecco (chilled)
• 1 part Grapefruit Juice (chilled)
• 1 part Cranberry Juice
• 1 part Ginger Ale
• Grapefruit slice for garnish
Mix all juice ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Top with Skinnygirl Prosecco and ginger ale. Garnish with grapefruit slice and enjoy.
Cruzan Peach Cobbler. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Pumpkin Spice Sake:
• 2 oz. TY KU
• 1 oz. Pumpkin Puree
• Cinnamon Stick for garnish
• Top with Whip Cream
Char-Cold One. (Courtesy Photo)
Mix TY KU Sake Silver with pumpkin puree. Top with whip cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
6. Cruzan Peach Cobbler:
• 1.5 parts Cruzan Peach Rum
• .25 part Turbinado Simple Syrup*
• .5 part Dark Sherry
• .25 part Blackberry Liqueur
• .5 part Fresh Lemon Juice
• Orange Peel
Combine all ingredients over ice, shake and pour into an old fashioned glass. Garnish with fresh grated nutmeg and flamed orange peel.
• 8 parts Hot Water
• 8 parts Turbinado Sugar
Directions: Combine 8 parts Hot Water and 8 parts Turbinado Sugar. Stir until Sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate. (note: Syrup will last for 30 days.)
Old Fashioned 17. (Courtesy Photo)
7. Old Fashioned 17: (Created by Christopher Longoria)
• 2 oz. Wild Turkey Rye
• .75 oz. Campari
• 2 tsp. Cynar
• .25 oz. Cinzano Dry Vermouth
• .25 oz. Simple Syrup
• 4 dashes Angostura Bitters
• 2 dashes Fee Brothers Orange Bitters
Combine ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain over 1 large ice cube. Garnish with a brandied cherry.
Turkey Day Toast and Pumpkin Spice Sake. (Courtesy Photos)
8. Hard Rock Cafe's Cocoa Press:
• 1 oz. Amaretto
• 2 oz. Bacardi Oakheart
• 3 oz. Pumpkin Real Puree
• 14 oz. Hot Chocolate
• 5 Marshmallows
Place 5 marshmallows (regular size) into bottom of press. Add the first three ingredients then fill with hot chocolate. Insert depressor and lid. Slowly press the depressor to the bottom of French Press to smash marshmallows.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com