- You can save over $200 a week before the holidays with just a few little adjustments to your daily routine can reap big cash!
• Commit To Coupons: Coupons are in, and now a big marketing tool. Dry cleaning, car wash, restaurants - make a rule that you won't spend any money on anything without a coupon. You'll be amazed how just a little effort going through all that "junk" you get in the mail, or just surfing the web for coupons, can save you a bundle! Average weekly savings $15.
• Let Your Fingers Do The Walking: Hit the web before you hit the supermarket. TheGroceryGame.com puts the weekly puzzle of savings together for you, including advertised as well as non-advertised sales, in a super easy grocery list, that you can print and take to the store. Just shopping smart without coupons could cut your grocery bill in half. If you want to use coupons, you should save an average of 67 percent off! You don't have to even keep a coupon file, as The Grocery Game provides easy interactive software that allows you to keep your Sunday paper inserts in tact, marked with the date. Now, you don't ever cut and file 150 coupons a week. You just cut the 20 or 30 coupons that you will use! Print your customized list of those things you choose, gather your coupons, and in just 30 minutes, you're out the door to savings! Members of TheGroceryGame.com report average savings of over $100 a week!
• Brown Bag It: Skip your local morning coffee runs and make coffee at home. Filter your water instead of buying bottles every day. Bring a frozen meal to work and pop it in the break room microwave, instead of going out to lunch. Average savings per day is $20. Average weekly savings - $100 per person!
• Suspend Your Newspaper/Magazine Subscriptions: Read the news online, or download a free mobile app to get your news. Visit magazine websites online, or enjoy Pinterest. You could even check out magazines at the library. Depending on how many magazines or newspapers you get, you could save $10 a week or more!
• Sell Things: That's right - think of it as a weekly part time job. Dedicate a specified number of hours per week to clean out your closet, cupboards, garage and storage. Commit to a weekly goal and stick to it, using Ebay
, Craigslist, or consignment shops. With very little effort, you should be able to part with things you won't even miss. You should settle for nothing less than making at least $50 a week!
• Make Your Own Date Night At Home: Instead of buying two tickets to the movie theater, over paying for popcorn and cokes, stay home! Borrow or swap DVD movies from friends. Also, most libraries have DVD movie selections you can borrow for free. Or rent a movie, or just spring for Pay-Per-View. Either way, by watching at home, and making your own popcorn and treats, and maybe even with a glass of wine, you can save $35 to $50 on date night!
• Nix Your Gym Membership: I'm not suggesting you should stop working out! Find a friend to do the "buddy system" so that you'll stay commited. Walk together, jog, do jumping jax, situps, and pushups. Get any number of free apps on your cell phone to target specific areas: abs, legs, arms. The free apps are fun, like having a trainer, keeps time and tells you what reps to do, and how many more to go with alarms and everything. Very fun and a
For more information, click here.