Hamptons Holiday Recipe: House Foods’ Tofu Pumpkin Pie
Enjoy House Foods' healthier twist on Pumpkin Pie. (Courtesy Photo)
House Foods has created a healthy version of a Thanksgiving favorite, Pumpkin Pie, which is just as delicious as the original, but saves a few calories and is protein rich from combining traditional ingredients like pumpkin puree with House Foods Premium Tofu Firm.
House Foods' Tofu Pumpkin Pie:
• 1 package House Foods Premium Tofu Firm (19 oz.) drained well
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon allspice
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
• 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
1. Make sure you have drained liquid from tofu and place in blender.
2. Add eggs, sugar, lemon, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Blend until smooth (at least 3 minutes).
3. For layered pie, pour half of the mixture into your pie crust. (Otherwise add additional spices and pumpkin puree and continue to blend.)
4. Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth surface.
5. Heat maple syrup in separate container and gently spoon over the pie while continuing to smooth over the surface.
6. Bake pie at 350˚ for 40-50 minutes.
7. Cool and Serve.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com