Small Fire Breaks Out At The Southampton Hospital But Was Quickly Contained
Originally Posted: November 30, 2012
A structure fire was reported at the Southampton Hospital. (Photo: Southampton Hospital)
A small structural fire broke out shortly before 9:30 a.m outside the Meeting House Lane side of the Southampton Hospital
on Friday, November 30. Hospital staff working in departments on the basement level of the Southampton Hospital were evacuated and the fire was quickly contained by emergency personal. According to a hospital spokesperson, "The fire was most likely started by a cigarette that was tossed into a grate over a window well and ignited leaves."
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com