- 'Earn My Keep,' the unique alternative allowance program featured in "Earn It, Learn It: Teach Your Child the Value of Money, Work, and Time Well Spent," offers a way for parents and children to have fun learning about money, work, and the value of time well spent - by turning kids into "actual" professionals!
It's easy: parents and kids choose a task from one of 50 fun careers, complete it within a set amount of time, and earn while they learn.
The benefits of spending 15 minutes per week as a toy designer, paleontologist, or chef? Kids learn the difference between making the bed as a member of the family and earning a living in the real world. They are exposed to art, manners, math, research, science, and more, without even realizing it. And they build a foundation for a lifelong love of learning and fiscal independence, all while having fun!
Other professions include:
• Curator from The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
• Guest relations manager from The Hotel Hershey
• Zoologist from the St. Louis Zoo
• Grammy award-winning musician
• Astronomer, judge, meteorologist, publicist, and more!
'Earn It, Learn It' is the first and only allowance alternative that lets kids earn money for test-driving real-world careers. And the Earn My Keep program has been rigorously tested with more than 100 families nationwide, through an independent research company.
An award-winning copywriter, Alisa T. Weinstein
is the founder of Earn My Keep, LLC, a multimedia initiative that includes the book and EarnMyKeep.com. Weinstein holds a degree in Journalism/Advertising from the University of Maryland. She uses her creative background to squeeze educational and engaging experiences into her active life with her husband and two children.